Lt. Commander
just checking about the XP boost, this only applys to the toon you claim it on and the timer only counts down while you are playing that character...correct?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-03-2011, 12:33 PM
correct, you get an ITEM that you can *use* and then you get a little icon that counts down the 1hr or 8hr buff.

but honestly, don't waste money on that stuff.

it's only a 20% boost (that is XP reward x 1.20 )

that means if you take a 1 hour buff you get XP like you played 1 hour and 12 minutes

an 8 hr buff gives you a bonus as if you played 96 minutes longer

but that is if you are constantly earning XP in that time without slowing down.
fly back only once to ESD and clean your inventory for 15 minutes and your Bonus is waisted.

Also we already had 2 Q weekends with 200% XP Buffs and the Borg Invasion's that will come *soon* will have a 500% XP buff for the mission. There is really no need to buy these from the C-Store.

ALSO you can buy the same XP Buffs on the Exchange for Energy Credits and you can email them to any of your chars. (so buy it on a rich char and send it via mail to a new char of yours).
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-03-2011, 12:42 PM
And you can get free 1 hour boosts as drops. I got three just last week
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-03-2011, 01:57 PM
Probably not something you should spend money on. Leveling in this game is amazingly fast ... you can make VA within a month if you play for a few hours every day.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-03-2011, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsaris View Post
Probably not something you should spend money on. Leveling in this game is amazingly fast ... you can make VA within a month if you play for a few hours every day.
was thinking more for my klingon toon....not a huge fan of pvp
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-03-2011, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chugster View Post
was thinking more for my klingon toon....not a huge fan of pvp
Not rolled a Klink yet... considering it after I hit VA with my Fed toon. If Klinks level anywhere near as fast as Feds then I still wouldn't bother.

And for the record, I've played maybe 3 PvP matches.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-03-2011, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
Also we already had 2 Q weekends with 200% XP Buffs and the Borg Invasion's that will come *soon* will have a 500% XP buff for the mission. There is really no need to buy these from the C-Store.

ALSO you can buy the same XP Buffs on the Exchange for Energy Credits and you can email them to any of your chars. (so buy it on a rich char and send it via mail to a new char of yours).
Hehe i wait for the Q Weekends (and soon those borg invasions *drools*) to get them since they stack. Little extra help makes a difference hehe.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-03-2011, 02:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
correct, you get an ITEM that you can *use* and then you get a little icon that counts down the 1hr or 8hr buff.

but honestly, don't waste money on that stuff.

it's only a 20% boost (that is XP reward x 1.20 )

that means if you take a 1 hour buff you get XP like you played 1 hour and 12 minutes

an 8 hr buff gives you a bonus as if you played 96 minutes longer

but that is if you are constantly earning XP in that time without slowing down.
fly back only once to ESD and clean your inventory for 15 minutes and your Bonus is wasted.
Replay the Azura mission (Stranded in Space) once and get the Azura Personal Com Code. This will allow you to call on the Azura once per hour (in Space time, the count stops when you enter a Ground map). The Azura can relay your Mail, access your Personal Bank and sells Commodities. And since she has a store you can also sell any extra drops you don't want.

And the XP bonuses are most handy in areas where you don't have to fly around a lot. Exploration zones (Delta Volanis, Arucanis Arm, etc.) are ideal for leveling while using an XP bonus. You don't have to travel as far to get to the next mission. Sometimes you don't have to travel at all. Be sure to get the corresponding Exploration mission for the area you are working every three missions to maximize your XP gain.

Lt. Commander
# 9
08-04-2011, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvsaris View Post
Not rolled a Klink yet... considering it after I hit VA with my Fed toon. If Klinks level anywhere near as fast as Feds then I still wouldn't bother.

And for the record, I've played maybe 3 PvP matches.
klinks level nowhere near as fast as feds... unless you LOVE repeating nothing but the FE's over and over again, and with the changes to the min levels... you'r gonna be doing a lot of explorers and the FE's, since the klingons dont have that many non FE missions (like 3 missions per rank storywise.)