Lt. Commander
# 1 Foundry help plz!
08-02-2011, 06:29 PM
Hi
I am new to foundry editing, and atm I am having a problem that is killing me even getting started on making my foundry mission.
I want to make a map where players have start the map when they enter the system to travel to Deep Space Nine in the Bajor sector. BUT the DS9/bajor system is not selectable in the foundry editor when trying to change the map transition from earth space dock to bajor.
Has this always been this way? Or is this just a bug atm with the foundry being just recently brought back up? I only ask as [EVERY] other system in the beta ursa sector is listed and is selectable...

If anyone has an idea on how to work around this issue... I would "REALLY" appreciate the helpful info.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-03-2011, 05:15 AM
Unfortunately there are a few systems missing from the doors menu and a few places that should have doors (Starbase 39) on them that don't. There are some doors on the DS9 social map itself. You might use them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-03-2011, 01:31 PM
no doors im afraid for them, but you can use the DS9 social map. have your characters need to speak to a contact on ds9 and/then have them use one of the doors on the promenade.

that way the player will go to DS9 normally. speak to the person in ops for example on the live social map then leave DS9 via the door onto your personal map.

the only other way is to use a door on ESD on one of the lower levels and then use a made up DS9 map and just pretend that the player has made the transition through sector space to ds9.

so have you bo say something like. 'we are ready to undock captain, course plotted for DS9' etc. then go right to your DS9 map. although that way you cant then use the social map itself. it will have to be 100% your maps.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-03-2011, 06:48 PM
Much more detailed post than mine Revo the only problem with the second option is that sometimes people don't read the dialogue and when they suddenly transition from ESD to DS9, they'll get really confused.

The first option is I think the winner.