Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Federation Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Aside from the crappy title, i would like to know if any others think we should have a Lt J.G. i think it could defenatly give the game some extra fun at lower levels. think of bridge officer powers with an extra rank in at the bottom, most or all Lt powers would be Lt. J.G and so on, hopefully new powers would be givin to fill out the list. the same with ground combat. the rank pips seem to exsist already why not have it as its own tier? or even Lt. lower, like rear admirals. I of course have no impact on the course of the game but i would like to hear feedback and know what everyone thinks. thank you for your time.

Kaiser
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-11-2011, 12:07 PM
I wouldn't mind if promotion from ensign to Lt. J.G. was after one level worth of skill points, then another level of experience points to full Lt. (O-3, comperable to captain in most armies). That would allow for the max level to be 53 instead of 51. The gear mark level could still be the same, or you can't equip mark I and II until LT. J.G. In any event, inserting them could still allow for full rank progression (10 levels per rank) if it comes to it.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-11-2011, 03:13 PM
I think it makes sense to have one rank of powers for each rank in the game. While Lt. J.G. is a valid rank, it would either have to be another 10 levels added to the game, which would put off coming to the max rank of VA (not to mention putting off getting to Captain) and there would need to be another Tier of ships, as well as additional missions.

If you're talking about giving BOs ranks that the Captain can't have, I'm not sure that makes sense. The Captain gets one power per rank, so if you give the BOs another power at an additional rank, that means the BOs would have as many powers as the Captain. While I guess it would help at Lt. levels to have your BOs running around with two powers each, I would think that would put undo stress on players that are still learning the game, and have only a handful of powers to manage themselves.

Finally, it's already been noted that there is some power bloat in the game, it becomes hard to find enough room in the trays for all your powers at VA as it is. You're talking about adding five more. (One for each of five Bridge Officers)

I think the current system, which allows you to assign a rank of Lt. J.G. with the pips on the costume, is just fine. Functionally, a Lt. L.G. is the same as a Lt., but it allows you to split up all those Lts. (Which you would have since that's the maximum rank that is useful for the greatest number of ship stations) Actually, what I would prefer is a system that lets me promote a BO so that he gets access to all his additional powers, but LEAVES him at the rank I want him at. So I can have a "Lieutenant" with 4 ground abilities and 4 space abilities. (And most of my characters are anyway, my BOs pips haven't matched their actual rank since I reached Captain)
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-14-2011, 03:09 PM
If you really want to be lt jg, you can already select the title and rank badges. Do we really need to spread out the slow early levels any more?

I have 3 VA characters and going back to level a 4 th is painful?
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-01-2011, 04:18 PM
i dont even want to string out the early leveles more.. i mainly do want an extra power and bridge slot possibility for ships and to me it would be better on VA if i could have a little more lower level powers on missions. maby even make it the first 5 levels of the Lt. rank. i just want the extra slots, and it is a real rank, not like the made up rank of rear admiral upper and lower.. and yes i know rear admiral is a real naval rank but i dont even think the english or french navies have an upper or lower RA... and i am aware that i can have the pips and title, and i would just like the powers. i know it will never be changed but i still just want it brought to attention of the others who use and make the game..

THank you for reading

Kaiser
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-02-2011, 10:00 PM
Tier 0 - Ensign
Tier 1 - Lieutenant JG
Tier 2 - Lieutenant
Tier 3 - Lieutenant Commander
Tier 4 - Commander
Tier 5 - Captain

And stop. Forget anything higher in tier or in rank.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-02-2011, 10:07 PM
I would say forget it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-03-2011, 07:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_E_D_Allen89
I would say forget it.
Forget what? Forget that Admirals arent supposed to be common in Trek? Or did you have something else to forget?
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-03-2011, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
Tier 0 - Ensign
Tier 1 - Lieutenant JG
Tier 2 - Lieutenant
Tier 3 - Lieutenant Commander
Tier 4 - Commander
Tier 5 - Captain

And stop. Forget anything higher in tier or in rank.
yes, this would more accuratly reflect the tier/skil lvl of the player ingame as these are front line combatant ranks. admiral is a staff rank, it is unseamly to out rank a sector comander, who is, quite properly an admiral
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-03-2011, 09:10 PM
I do think that from Captain up, the title should be what the player decides to set it. As for Ensign, Lt. J.G., and Lt. I think the ten levels for Lt. should remain.

I think the player should increase one complete level from ensign to Lt. J.G. and another level (for total level of three) at Lt. grade 1. That would increase the level cap to about 54 at VA1. I have no complaints about having extra skill points in the initial Ensing/Lt. skills.

Another option would be for the tutorial to give enough skill points that when the player gets to ESD, they are at Lt. 1 (total level three). If the player would skip the tutorial, they would automatically be at level 3. The motivation for completeing the Tutorial would be extra rewards, and kill/damage points for the accolades. (Borg Ground/Ship, Phaser Ground/Space are very much earnable in the tutorial if a player wants to grind away.)