Lt. Commander
# 1 How would I do this?
08-03-2011, 09:47 PM
Yup, another Foundry newbie looking for advice...

Been busy scanning over the various tutorial stuff floating around (thanks FatKirk), and I've figured out most of how I'd do what I want...

But still can't figure out one, admittingly possibly critical, step. For part of the story, I would like the player ship to be temporarily disabled while a vessel decloaks and attacks a defenseless NPC ship, then have system come back online to defend the NPC and defeat the attacker. HOWEVER, I'd like to make the attacker stronger than the ship regularly is (which I think I know how to do, by simply re-costuming a battleship to appear as the class I want, no?), and I'd like the battle to end before the attacker is destroyed. Instead, I'd like them to simply retreat to fight another day.

Where do I even begin getting that worked out? Heck, is it even possible?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-04-2011, 05:23 AM
The only possible way I could think of getting this working is to use a detail object to represent the disabled ship and fake firing emotes for it's oppoenent ( There may or may not be ship version of this emote). And to de-spawn the detail and replace it with a cruiser turning the fight real. For the original combatant to have the upper hand it should be a Battleship.

Though unfortunately there is no way for a fight to end without one side killing the other.