Lt. Commander
# 41
08-05-2011, 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
By, like, 5 days. At what point is it a zombie and at what point is CPR still an option?
Would you get close enough to the zombie trying to eat your brains to give it CPR? Giving up our one advantage over the zombie hoards just sounds like a bad idea to me...we can kill from a distance (rifles), they need to practically hug us...

But at any rate. I find myself less than caring about what my bridge looks like. When I have a non-forced feeling reason to go there (mission replay) and actual stuff to do...then I might care.
Lt. Commander
# 42
08-05-2011, 12:52 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing a TNG themed pack.

The one thing that irks me with the TOS pack and others if they do them is that Cryptic seems to have given up on both customization and missions for the interiors. I can't use the TOS interior sets as part of the generic ship layout and they seemed fairly adament that they needed set layouts like that for missions set in the interiors.

I'd love an update on their current plans for ship interiors before seeing anything else so i know whether or not it'd be worth me investing money in them at the c-store. Are they giving up on that stuff or will they be converting those set pieces (including the current TOS pieces) to be able to work with the generic layouts and are they still working on getting mission content in there somehow so it's more than just a pretty place to look at?
Lt. Commander
# 43
08-05-2011, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiaran
A point to make here is that we all seem to agree that all of them should be done, were just squabbling over the order in which they get done.
Realistically speaking the Galaxy interior should probably be the first worked on as it applies across T4 and T5, applies perfectly to two ships (Galaxy, Galaxy Refit), and easily to a third with minimal modification (Galaxy-X), and is actually something that can be logically used by two endgame ships.

The same can't really be said for any other vessel.
Lt. Commander
# 44
08-05-2011, 01:13 AM
Honestly, I'd be happy with a ship interior where the corridors weren't massive. It's absolutely ridiculous how gigantic the corridors are on the two available decks. There has never been anything in Star Trek to even match that size.

I would definitely be happy with Galaxy interiors, though. At least, properly sized Galaxy interiors.
Lt. Commander
# 45
08-05-2011, 02:12 AM
The advantage I can see with the Galaxy is that a lot of the assets could be shared to create the Undiscovered Country-era Connie Refit interior as the Connie interior there was repainted from the TNG sets. Meanwhile, the movies' connie bridge served as the TNG battle bridge. That's two interiors for the price of one.

Likewise, you have a similar situation with the Sovereign and the 2409 interiors.

The Intrepid and Defiant interiors are left out in the cold a bit but I believe the Defiant sets shared some elements with the Enterprise sets and virtually every small craft interior we saw on the later shows.

In general, I'd think the focus should be on interiors and assets you can get more than one use out of.
Lt. Commander
# 46
08-05-2011, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterdescent View Post
Honestly, I'd be happy with a ship interior where the corridors weren't massive. It's absolutely ridiculous how gigantic the corridors are on the two available decks. There has never been anything in Star Trek to even match that size.

I would definitely be happy with Galaxy interiors, though. At least, properly sized Galaxy interiors.
When interiors were new and the community railed against their ridiculous size, Cryptic's usual response in defense of the size was that they wanted to do missions on-board ships.

Seeing as how we don't have those... I don't see why we can't just have canon-sized interiors now?
Lt. Commander
# 47
08-05-2011, 01:52 PM
You can have the Galaxy interior if they make an Excellsior Class interior as well.

And I do agree that they need to use proper scaling for new ones and fix the older bridges scale.
Lt. Commander
# 48
08-05-2011, 02:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWorth
You can have the Galaxy interior if they make an Excellsior Class interior as well.

And I do agree that they need to use proper scaling for new ones and fix the older bridges scale.
bar the excelsior bridge, i don't see how it would be much different from the TNG one...