Lt. Commander
# 1 Help with easy support?
08-05-2011, 05:32 AM
Greetings,

I have started playing STO again and I enjoy it even more since I have last played it.

I do have a question though:
If I remember correctly, I was able to heal/support my team comrade without clicking on him, simply by using my skill while my target was aiming at my team comrade, so that my team comrade got my healing/support.

Today, I had quite some trouble supporting my team, because what I described above seem not to work anylonger, thus making support much more difficult.
I have not found anything in the options(controls etc.) that could help me (I did turn on the assist button, but that had no effect).
My question is whether what I have described above is no longer possible, so that I have to click on my team comrade each time or whether I something with my controls is wrong.

Can someone please sort this out for me?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-05-2011, 08:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yliardin View Post
Greetings,

I have started playing STO again and I enjoy it even more since I have last played it.

I do have a question though:
If I remember correctly, I was able to heal/support my team comrade without clicking on him, simply by using my skill while my target was aiming at my team comrade, so that my team comrade got my healing/support.

Today, I had quite some trouble supporting my team, because what I described above seem not to work anylonger, thus making support much more difficult.
I have not found anything in the options(controls etc.) that could help me (I did turn on the assist button, but that had no effect).
My question is whether what I have described above is no longer possible, so that I have to click on my team comrade each time or whether I something with my controls is wrong.

Can someone please sort this out for me?
There should be an option that lets you use heals/buffs on the target of an enemy. It is in the options menu, I think on the tab where you decide on your targeting options and such. Not at home at the moment or I would be more precise, sorry.