Lt. Commander
# 1 Captain rename bugged
09-06-2010, 01:42 PM
Using a rename token from the C-store to rename your captain works to a point as it should. You purchase it in-game, proceed to the character select screen and rename the short name of one of your captains.

Here comes the catch: The so called "Optional Information" which, on creation, is proclaimed to be able to be "changed at any time" which includes first and last name is not covered by the rename token.

At the time I did not know this, and changed my first and last name to reflect the updated short name (Note that when you leave these blan at character creation, your captains last name will be set to the short name - not so optional after all!). Without showing the cost and without any warning or confirmation 1500 merit was deducted!

This is a serious bug, and current GM policy does not allow them to refund Merit, Energy credits or lost items due to bugs (at least that is what they told me).

Solutions?
  1. Include first and last name in the rename token
  2. Clearly advertise the cost of a change and show a confimration dialog
  3. Make it cheaper to rename your captains first and last name based on his/her rank (1500 merit is too steep for a lieutenant for example)
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-06-2011, 06:01 AM
This still needs to be addressed. I bought one and had the same issue, but I thought the transaction messed up because my Internet was acting squirrelly, so I bought another one today with the same results. Since there's no way I can afford the 1,500 Merits price tag, I guess I'll just have to delete and recreate my character Good thing she's only a Lieutenant 3. Still hacked off about losing my Atari Points though.