Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Captain's Log Talks Fleets
08-04-2011, 05:42 PM
Massively's Captains Log talks about building a successful fleet. Give it a read here.

Link to the news article.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
08-04-2011, 08:37 PM
I wonder why he didnt talk about any of the new mission content the game has gotten.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
08-04-2011, 09:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayngo_Fhett
I wonder why he didnt talk about any of the new mission content the game has gotten.
Because that clearly wasn't the intended topic of the article.

There are a lot of things that are going on, and have been going on since launch within STO that haven't been given much...if any... press at all. Personally, I'm kiinda glad that someone is taking the time to report about elements of a game that I play that aren't widely publicized or discussed, such as this article about fleets.

Seriously, do a search out there for useful information on outside press sites regarding fleets? Find anything?

And before you say it, no, I don't have my head stuck in the sand (or anywhere else for that matter), but I do have the patience to wait for things to be done right the first time. Lest we have a repeat of past publishes that have caused as many or more problems then they solved.

Sweet jeebus folks...is it too much to ask for at least ONE note of optimism around here?

And people wonder why the vast majority of players avoid official forums for the games that they play...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
08-04-2011, 10:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayngo_Fhett
I wonder why he didnt talk about any of the new mission content the game has gotten.
I come out with a new column every week and often talk about new content. Check out my past articles here: http://massively.joystiq.com/editor/brandon-felczer
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
08-05-2011, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayngo_Fhett
I wonder why he didnt talk about any of the new mission content the game has gotten.
I see what you did there. Because there ISNT any


Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenaut
Sweet jeebus folks...is it too much to ask for at least ONE note of optimism around here?
Until the Devs actually start adding new mission again, yes it is.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
08-05-2011, 02:18 PM
I've heard less crying in a preschool nursery. If you believe this implies all of the content whiners are a bunch of crybabies, well, you're right. If you can't talk about the topic of a thread, good etiquette would suggest you not comment at all. That being said, I now return to the actual reason for this thread.

A lot of fleets have come and gone since the inception of this game. I'm sure the reasons are varied, but this article does bring up some good points, although it's not the ONLY way to organize and run a successful fleet. In my opinion, the success of a fleet starts with recruitment and retention. It's what you do to lure members in and what you do to keep those members which makes the difference. Even the most organized fleet which has weak recruitment and retention will not last.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
08-05-2011, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyMaverick View Post
I've heard less crying in a preschool nursery. If you believe this implies all of the content whiners are a bunch of crybabies, well, you're right. If you can't talk about the topic of a thread, good etiquette would suggest you not comment at all. That being said, I now return to the actual reason for this thread.

A lot of fleets have come and gone since the inception of this game. I'm sure the reasons are varied, but this article does bring up some good points, although it's not the ONLY way to organize and run a successful fleet. In my opinion, the success of a fleet starts with recruitment and retention. It's what you do to lure members in and what you do to keep those members which makes the difference. Even the most organized fleet which has weak recruitment and retention will not last.
Yo Stormy, whatd up dude, long time no see. You still kicking it with Tavs and Biggie and the other remnants of Fleet 187? I miss those early days of STO when we had epic bridge battles of Fed vs Klinks. Good times. Nice to see ya still playing STO
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
08-05-2011, 03:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormyMaverick View Post
I've heard less crying in a preschool nursery. If you believe this implies all of the content whiners are a bunch of crybabies, well, you're right. If you can't talk about the topic of a thread, good etiquette would suggest you not comment at all. That being said, I now return to the actual reason for this thread.
Its so funny when people cry about other people crying
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
08-06-2011, 07:29 AM
brw We has great fleet with great peoples...but our fleet leader is not on line(lifer) long time(RL trouble)...we send petitions for replacing leadership but devs answering ,, We need make new fleet,, ...cmon seriossly...pls devs give us normal solutions,transitions is not good choice..

It is not place for crying but I am sorry ,our problem is frustrated.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:01 PM.