Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
Since it's becoming more and more prevelant C-Store items aren't balanced, for the C-Store items sold which aren't obtainable in game let's make them have a chance of being destroyed should someone use them in a PvP match. Imo, if you want to pay for an advantage you should risk something for using it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-06-2011, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamid
Since it's becoming more and more prevelant C-Store items aren't balanced, for the C-Store items sold which aren't obtainable in game let's make them have a chance of being destroyed should someone use them in a PvP match. Imo, if you want to pay for an advantage you should risk something for using it.
I don't wish come across as rude and I do get why folks are upset about the "RI" but do we rally need another thread on the issue?
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-06-2011, 10:40 AM
I think I agree that perhaps consoles like this should have a chance to be destroyed in pvp, in that in the match they get destroyed, and you'd have to, at the end of the match, go back to the space dock and re-assign another of that ship just to get the console back.. Since you have infinite claims on a ship you buy in the C-store anyway.. :p
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-06-2011, 11:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jreyes64 View Post
I don't wish come across as rude and I do get why folks are upset about the "RI" but do we rally need another thread on the issue?
It's not just the RI, the RI is at the end of a pretty long list that has only gotten longer over time with no end in sight.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-06-2011, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kilawpilath View Post
I think I agree that perhaps consoles like this should have a chance to be destroyed in pvp, in that in the match they get destroyed, and you'd have to, at the end of the match, go back to the space dock and re-assign another of that ship just to get the console back.. Since you have infinite claims on a ship you buy in the C-store anyway.. :p
I wasn't just refering to the console, and if were up to me and you brought in a unique C-Store item/ship into PvP you couldn't get in game you'd have to buy another when it was destroyed.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-06-2011, 11:49 AM
Really you want a destructible item like that, mmmk well if you think pvp is dead now get that going and it WILL be a ghost town
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-06-2011, 11:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matunus
Really you want a destructible item like that, mmmk well if you think pvp is dead now get that going and it WILL be a ghost town
Perhaps players who need to feel they have a built in advantage would leave, others may not want to risk their C-Store bling and come to PvP w/base gear, while other would make it a challenge to not lose their C-Store bling. Anyway there's much a much harsher space PvP game (Eve Online) that seems to have a better subrate than STO, so I wouldn't assume it'd ruin PvP. I'm not suggesting STO go that route, just let those who feel the C-Store stuff isn't game breaking put their $ where there mouth is.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-06-2011, 11:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamid
Perhaps players who need to feel they have a built in advantage would leave, others may not want to risk their C-Store bling and come to PvP w/base gear, while other would make it a challenge to not lose their C-Store bling. Anyway there's much a much harsher space PvP game (Eve Online) that seems to have a better subrate than STO, so I wouldn't assume it'd ruin PvP. I'm not suggesting STO go that route, just let those who feel the C-Store stuff isn't game breaking put their $ where there mouth is.
First off I am talking this game not another that is completely different than this one, Pvp in this game is hurting anyone that does it knows it now you want to drive away more people that might want to try it out?
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-06-2011, 12:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matunus
First off I am talking this game not another that is completely different than this one, Pvp in this game is hurting anyone that does it knows it now you want to drive away more people that might want to try it out?
I honestly don't know what you were trying to say.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-06-2011, 12:02 PM
I'm all for the killing of catian officers and aenar officers if they're active in pvp.
Closed Thread