Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Closed Thread

Lt. Commander
# 11
08-06-2011, 12:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
I'm all for the killing of catian officers and aenar officers if they're active in pvp.
Works for me too.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-06-2011, 12:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamid
I honestly don't know what you were trying to say.
If you start making destructible items in pvp you will lose even more people that do, and might wanna try pvp. In this game you want to entice people to do pvp not drive them away.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-06-2011, 12:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matunus
If you start making destructible items in pvp you will lose even more people that do, and might wanna try pvp. In this game you want to entice people to do pvp not drive them away.
I've been doing PvP via PuGs for quite some time. Tbo, it's been dropping since the end of last year with the addition of C-Store T-5 ships. It's further dropped from the introduction of balance breaking items/skill revamps. It's peak was at launch, most left b/c it wasn't harsh enough.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-06-2011, 12:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamid
I've been doing PvP via PuGs for quite some time. Tbo, it's been dropping since the end of last year with the addition of C-Store T-5 ships. It's further dropped from the introduction of balance breaking items/skill revamps. It's peak was at launch, most left b/c it wasn't harsh enough.
Ok so why do you want to put more wood on the fire?
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-06-2011, 12:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matunus
Ok so why do you want to put more wood on the fire?
I want to attract player who want to PvP, not people who are pulled into and/or need a built in advantage. Also, the player would always have a choice not to PvP w/said item, ship, or character. Yes, I'd have the same apply to my Lib Borg Captain. I either wouldn't PvP w/it, or I'd risk losing it forever w/no way of getting it as it isn't even in the C-Store.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-06-2011, 02:27 PM
Wouldn't it just be simpler to disable such stuff on PvP maps. Then we can stop worrying about the balance.

But admittedly, the idea of destroying the items could work better, especially if you must rebuy the items. Then Cryptic would have good reasons to promote PvP. :p
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-06-2011, 02:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
..But admittedly, the idea of destroying the items could work better, especially if you must rebuy the items. Then Cryptic would have good reasons to promote PvP. :p
This exactly, lol. I was thinking the same thing and honestly that makes the idea behind this thread all the more interesting. Bring it if you want, or don't if you are afraid to lose it.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-06-2011, 02:59 PM
Give our AFK heroes something to do, eh?
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-06-2011, 07:12 PM
90% of the T5 ships in C-Store are obtainable in-game, so i see no problem. Three of them can be obtained with a retrofit token at Vice Admiral, the rest with emblems.
In fact the only T5 ship i know of that cannot be earned in game is the Dreadnaught, which was originally only intended as a referral reward and not even meant for the C-Store.
It ended up there because of whiners.
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-06-2011, 07:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
90% of the T5 ships in C-Store are obtainable in-game, so i see no problem. Three of them can be obtained with a retrofit token at Vice Admiral, the rest with emblems.
In fact the only T5 ship i know of that cannot be earned in game is the Dreadnaught, which was originally only intended as a referral reward and not even meant for the C-Store.
It ended up there because of whiners.
Guramba isn't available in game, IIRC. But then, I haven't checked since it came out.
Closed Thread