Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
07-31-2011, 09:57 PM
Scis already have a counter to everything. Its called snb.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
08-01-2011, 02:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
Maybe a better balance could be achieved if the game was enforcing some team composition rules, similar to what is done with some of the PvP tournaments.
- No more than 3 of the same Captain Type
- No more than 3 of the same ship type.
- At least 1 of every Captain Type.
- At least 1 of every ship type.

2 Cruisers vs 2 Escorts might see the Cruisers as winner. But 2 Cruisers vs 1 Escort + 1 Science Vessel might look very different.

This would help PuGgers because now, despite not being premade, they have at least a fair chance to have every role at their disposal.
It could also be awful for queues, especially in CnH. It's bad enough queues fail to pop because not enough people click engage, now we would have queues failing just because there is 1 too many cruisers? I'd rather play the match thanks.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
08-01-2011, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificialx
It could also be awful for queues, especially in CnH. It's bad enough queues fail to pop because not enough people click engage, now we would have queues failing just because there is 1 too many cruisers? I'd rather play the match thanks.
Yep this would suck , Im telling ya Husanak is on to something.Its the stacking of buffs think of all those dmg resist stacking too I think ppl should have a move to help stop spike dmg but not to the craziness it is now.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
08-01-2011, 02:27 PM
I know, this buff stacking system of theirs is annoying. For instance Tacticals on Space and Ground can 1-shot players with buff stacking. Engineers got Shield Resistance stacking, and Science has Heal buff stacking. But in other MMOs, its not necessary, 1 for attack, 1 for defense is all you needed.

And in all honesty, I doubt Cryptic is even going to even think about tweeking the system without angering the PvE base, even if it mean making Combat actually challenging.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
08-04-2011, 03:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Ya its cool to get some diffrent ideas on things. Like I was saying I honestly think the classes and the ships are very well balanced one on one. The issue I think ends up being the stacking of buffs. DMG buffs can be stacked to crazy heights... and even still a good team will Pile heals on a target.... honestly if you do the math in some of the higher end games... there is literally 200k in dmg heading to one target in 5 seconds, sometimes less... and there are teams that can still catch that kinda spike and heal it... and you see a target that will have 3 Hazards... an engi team... a couple TSS... mabey even an extend shields... and likely someone popped a sci fleet. lol

IMHO anyway.... if Cryptic next patch did what every other mmo in the world did and make NO buffs stack... meaning that the best version applys and thats it. So if you have a Hz 3 and a Hz1 on you only the Hz 3 applys.
Like wise for tac teams and tac fleets... and aux to sifs.... and everything else that can stack. The game would be much more balanced. After that they could look into diminishing return values for things like shield resists... and tac buffs. Running more then one skill that effects a system should help... but there needs to be less upside to popping off every single skill you have all at once.

Baby steps though... remove stacking of same type first.
Like when BTSS3 was stackable, and they (wow i never knew they can make it) fixed the stacking on that. So maybe its not hard to do the same with the other skills.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
08-04-2011, 03:54 PM
Balancing PvP?

Easy. Just make every engagements a 1 against 1 battle.

As soon as a fight becomes a 2vs1 or more, it becomes unbalanced.

Yeah i know. I am bringing cold logic facts but we can't hide from the truth right?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27 Cold, cold logic facts
08-04-2011, 03:59 PM
LoL .
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
08-04-2011, 05:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Nothing wrong with brainstoming ideas... RPS works for some games... but they almost never have much for customization either.
Tbo, I disagree with this. But, it may be a matter of agreeing on terms. I believe there are RPS Boff skills and tactics in this game, just a lot more than 3 to pick from. For example, imo from a general macro level continous dps > spike heals, spike heals > spike dps, spike dps > continuous heals, continous heals > continous dps, etc. There are some exceptions to the rules, but that just makes things more interesting imo. There are times when Cryptic makes OP exceptions (seemingly w/o any thought and/or care of it's impact on PvP).

I also believe Eve Online has a good balance and variety of RPS ship types/tiers. Some ships may have highly specialized roles, but they're exceptional in those roles, eg Sister Probe Launching Covert OPs. Other ships can be jack of all trades master of none, eg Domi.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
08-06-2011, 10:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loyaltrekie View Post

I honestly have no idea what ability would 'counter' an entire build...
SNB counters everything and set a global debuff at your cd skills. Why Both? why only 2min CD, why every skill which is active is debuffed?

Sci fleet is to strong.

Photonic fleet should be only for 30 sec active and maybe for that duration stronger.

The ENG Captain Skill RSF is like a bulkward and in a 1vs1 without the almighty SNB its almost not possible to win against a even skilled player. 2 min CD are 1 min to less. So if SNB is nerfed they must think about this skill next.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:35 PM.