Lt. Commander
This isn't the end of the world, but since I got the Aegis set the circular trails that come with the Aegis engines are not balanced. The one on the right is always larger than the left no matter what I'm doing (as long as I'm going forward). I'm pretty sure this is a bug.

Here's a screenshot.

I'm using a custom sovereign class cruiser and can give more details if any developers want them.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-07-2011, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quadra
This isn't the end of the world, but since I got the Aegis set the circular trails that come with the Aegis engines are not balanced. The one on the right is always larger than the left no matter what I'm doing (as long as I'm going forward). I'm pretty sure this is a bug.

Here's a screenshot.

I'm using a custom sovereign class cruiser and can give more details if any developers want them.
This is a bug I reported way back in December 2010. This is associated with the Noble class saucer variant. Inherently, there is a small bug with that saucer that makes the impulse trail uneven (this is almost not noticeable in normal game play). However, when you use the AEGIS set, it makes this situation extremely noticeable.

Unfortunately, I don't think this is going to be fixed any time soon, as CapnLogan has gone on record saying that Cryptic ship design polish is a very low priority at this point. The poor guy is the sole person working on ship design at the moment and has a lot on his plate, IIRC.

This was part of the reason I ended up switching from a full on Noble class to a full on Sovereign class (hence the "A" in my ship registry). If any of the assault cruisers get updates, decals, more polish, etc...you can bet it will be the Sovereign.