Lt. Commander
# 21
08-03-2011, 10:09 PM
Why wouldnt it be labelled TTH?? Its an editorial on their site.
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-04-2011, 12:43 PM
I'm well aware telling Trekkies to calm down and think objectively is an exercise in futility, due to the level of passion found in most of us but... I think a lot of people are lambasting this review far more than it seems to deserve.

The primary purpose of this review was to take a look and see what had been improved, and as such is primarily a companion piece to the original review. The point of the review was to compare the launch version of the title to its current form. And I don't think there are many of us that could argue that Season 4 doesn't blow the initial release handily out of the water.

The sheer amount of progress its made in the last year and a half. Yeah, Star Trek Online still needs some work. Quite a bit, but it definitely is improving. And hopefully it'll continue to improve.
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-04-2011, 01:02 PM
Yeah. If this much was done in a year-and-a-half after release (with a production time of 18 months), imagine how it could look like in 18 more months.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-05-2011, 03:17 PM
A Fair review. I have returned after a 7 month break. Being a head starter I can see Major changes.
Its no longer like ST, It is ST.

The only thing I was disappointed to find was no new PvP maps. They have improved the PvP reward system but I need more maps and maybe some form of PvP stat tracker.

I have found a fair few bugs but that's like every MMO after a big update and none have been game breaking.

Seems STO is heading in the right direction.
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-05-2011, 06:44 PM
I liked Star Trek Online at launch, i enjoyed the content, i took my time playing through but the comparison between then and now is like night and day. It was hard to convince my friends to play the game before, i felt compelled to tell them all the bad points and they always seemed to outweight the good points. Even though i loved the game i could never convey why to anyone else.

Thankfully this has now changed, my friends who dont believe everyone should play like me (ie a Kirk era captain that shoots first and asks questions later) can now do diplomacy missions, to a lot of next gen fans this is what Trek is all about. The story lines in the episodes have been astounding, each one better than the last and i had tears of joy when i heard the TOS battle music when fighting that giant worm.

STO is no longer a game stuggling to become what it was meant to me, its now a game refining itself, getting better but never being bad. Im impressed with what the team working on this game have been able to acomplish in such a short time, and im thankfull to all of those Captains who kept logging in even when they felt there was nothing left to do. I love what STO has become, and i hope to be able to talk about it for many years to come.
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-07-2011, 08:46 AM
Quote:
What a... fluffy article. It must be nice to leave the game for a year and come back to see things as new, but for those of us sticking around month after month, nothing is new. Which is a shame, because we're the ones consistently paying the bills. Would be nice if some of this "content" would go toward giving end-gamers something to do.
I am forced to agree with my esteemed colleage...