Lt. Commander
# 101
02-14-2009, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zott
haha - there is SOME scientific bases in trek, although it is mostly just good entertainment.
I do enjoy the pseudoscience in trek as opposed to the "it just works" philosophy of Star Wars... but then again I love the philosophy and faith aspect of Star Wars and the Jedi that was missing from Star Trek until the introduction of the Bajoran people... thus the reason I will be half vulcan half bajoran in STO...
Lt. Commander
# 102
02-15-2009, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by marscentral View Post
Basically, it's a password to get in on the beta, much like when the game is released there will be a product key in it to prove that you have a genuine copy of the game and not a pirate one.
thxs alot
Lt. Commander
# 103
02-15-2009, 12:55 AM
beta keys are also highly desired by many of the STO forum members. It is a limited gift of sorts to the lucky few that receive them.
Lt. Commander
# 104
02-15-2009, 05:44 AM
That's like Christmas in February!
Lt. Commander
# 105 congrats
02-15-2009, 06:08 AM
As first, congrats to the winner.

second I know I couldn't win:p. My story was too long (666 words with my name and address, so no hard feeling there. All thaw, I think first version of contest required 700 words. Could Criptic give us some of reasons on their decision.

third: I hope there will be more this kind of contest. It will bring lot (from winers and other) of idea to the dev-team.

fourth: I hope Criptic will oppen page with best (let's say best 10 entrance).

fifth: congratulations to the winner.
Lt. Commander
# 106
02-15-2009, 06:27 AM
truly amazing story, definitely deserved the win
Lt. Commander
# 107
02-15-2009, 07:12 AM
Congratulations Thalasi.

I'm awaiting the next contest.
Lt. Commander
# 108 Well, uh..
02-15-2009, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by EremiticWolf View Post
Congratulations Thalasi.

I'm awaiting the next contest.
Actually, this one isn't over yet. We entrants await the announcement of two runner-up prize winners sometime in the next week, who won't get Beta keys but will have (I believe) the honor of a special title in their forum signature.

Thalasi, assuming he was entitled to both the Beta key and the title, didn't seem to get a signature title right away and still does not have one to my knowledge, and has fallen silent in this thread after a couple posts (having 5 posts total to date, he is not a prolific STO forum poster), so there is no way of knowing at what point this prize is effectuated.
Lt. Commander
# 109
02-15-2009, 09:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trpko_62 View Post
As first, congrats to the winner.

second I know I couldn't win:p. My story was too long (666 words with my name and address, so no hard feeling there. All thaw, I think first version of contest required 700 words. Could Criptic give us some of reasons on their decision.

third: I hope there will be more this kind of contest. It will bring lot (from winers and other) of idea to the dev-team.

fourth: I hope Criptic will oppen page with best (let's say best 10 entrance).

fifth: congratulations to the winner.
if you want you (and anyone else) can post there stories in this thread:

Lt. Commander
# 110 Warning, Will Robinson
02-15-2009, 10:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zott
if you want you (and anyone else) can post there stories in this thread:

Stories that are obviously disqualified are fine.

It is not clear if posting a currently-entered story would disqualify one for being a (in this case 2nd place) winner. Perhaps Awen could clear that up, thanks in advance.

If in doubt, I'd suggest not posting just yet.
Closed Thread