Lt. Commander
# 1 Looking for RolePlayers
08-07-2011, 09:13 AM
I know there's a lot of Roleplaying Fleets out there, and many of them look well made and legit, but here's my problem with them: Joining a fleet is nice and has many benefits, but many of them have application forms, interviews and "admission periods", and that just ends up being time consuming, and at the end of all that, I don't even know if I'm gonna like these people. So in the end I might just go through all the effort, lose time on my sub, and not get to what I really want, roleplaying.

So I'm posting here. The galaxy is so vast and... well... full of instances, that it's hard to get a hold of a roleplaying group aside from fleets (and even them is a little difficult). And this is a channel that reaches everyone: I'm a roleplayer and I'm looking for other roleplayers, individuals or groups. I maintain some standards and maturity, but I'm a flexible person. I don't much care if they're in a fleet or not. I don't have a problem with fleets, despite what I said above. I just don't want to spend too much time and effort into a group I might not get along with in the end. Call me selfish if you want, I just find it... logical.

If you're looking for another roleplayer to play with, or an addition to your roleplaying circle, and you're interested in checking me out and what I have to offer, hit me with a PM, or contact me in game. Or even, you can add me on MSN. For the sake of saying, my in game name is @MerakBashee, as for my MSN: cfadrique.bernardi@gmail.com

See you... out there.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-07-2011, 10:03 AM
Go to Quarks on DS9, the place crawls with RPers.

Friendly lot too, little creepy, but friendly.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-07-2011, 10:09 AM
Quark's ftw.

And reading the RP chat makes playing Dabo a little less tedious.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-07-2011, 10:13 AM
That's a fine idea, but from an IC point of view its a little hard to imagine that every captain in Starfleet has business in Quarks. For instance, I don't see my vulcan stopping by.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-07-2011, 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MerakBashee View Post
That's a fine idea, but from an IC point of view its a little hard to imagine that every captain in Starfleet has business in Quarks. For instance, I don't see my vulcan stopping by.
You don't need to go there regularly. If you go in once you can make a few contacts, they can put you in touch with others in the RP community.

Also, there is a group that hangs out in Drozana as well, if you would prefer to go there.

Keep in mind, DS9 is the hub for the sector, if you were doing anyhting in that part of space you would probably stop at DS9, then you just have to come up with an excuse to go into Quarks.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-07-2011, 10:50 AM
You're right, not every Captain in Starfleet had business at Quark's. But from an RP point of view it's not difficult to come up with reasons to be in Quark's, either (even for Vulcans, who aren't, as popular belief would indicate, antisocial).

Quark RP rationales: Quark's is where other Captain's (and theoretically, their crews) tend to gather so it's a great place to network. Face-to-face is oftentimes the only way to get the interesting details that don't make it into mission reports. It's also a good way to learn all sorts of interesting intel from the "little birds" that frequent the establishment ("The 5th Fleet has had their leaves canceled and they've been taking on extra stores of torpedoes? Fascinating"). And you can get the measure of a Captain better in person than from their Starfleet personnel file (reference Chief O'Brien's contributions in "The Wounded"). At worst, you're at Quark's because your crew needed leave and you're making an appearance to foster camaraderie.

Basically, the only reason not to go to Quark's occasionally is because you don't want to.

Z
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-07-2011, 11:11 AM
Quarks is definatley the hub for RP activities. I myself RP there with 11 different characters and run an RP only fleet. However, there are many other areas that can facilitate RP. For example, the new Academy zone, Drozana is another, Starbase 39 from time to time, and I have even seen "some" RP take place on Risa. It depends on what your looking for out of it. While the Academy seems to be the hotspot right now as it's a new zone, more of the more "seasoned" or "veteran" RPers still use Quarks for the most part.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-07-2011, 07:09 PM
I don't often get many chances to RP, I tend to spend most of my time on missions. I find that if a place is filled with too many people doing RP then it tends to become confusing and messy with so many RP angles happening at once.

Did a little bit of RP about fifteen minutes ago or so at ESD with someone who was playing a liberated Borg, I was using my Karen Beaumont character - one of my three characters - and RPed a little.