Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Klingon Fleetyards
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
08-07-2011, 02:49 PM
Maybe after I get my Nausicaan science vessel and my Vulcan bridge officer.
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-07-2011, 03:46 PM
Times like these I have to pull out my theory destroying Mark XII Theory Disruptor and educate you on something. The delta flyer and the new fighters are evenly matched when it comes to boffs. They come with rapid fire 1 which is a Lt Skill and then you choose your other ensign. It may not be everyones ideal choice to use cannons but it is there for you to use which makes the delta flyer type unneeded for the KDF.

Take Care
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-08-2011, 02:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuxidemus
Times like these I have to pull out my theory destroying Mark XII Theory Disruptor and educate you on something. The delta flyer and the new fighters are evenly matched when it comes to boffs. They come with rapid fire 1 which is a Lt Skill and then you choose your other ensign. It may not be everyones ideal choice to use cannons but it is there for you to use which makes the delta flyer type unneeded for the KDF.

Take Care
The Cannon Rapid Fire is on a lower cooldown, though, then a regular skill would be. Does that balance it with the fact that it's a Lt. ability?

I say... maybe. It's still not entirely comparable.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-08-2011, 03:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clavis-0
and what should we use this for?

Exactly one mission (the Vault), and only after we reached Captain?

I tend to agree with you in principle, but before debating car types,
actually having streets would be awfully nice.
Well there are a lot of people enjoying shutle PVP, also there are a few foundry mission designed for the use of shutles.
So I agree the (again) KDF/Fed inbalance is an issue but not one of the major ones the KDF has.,,
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-08-2011, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
The Cannon Rapid Fire is on a lower cooldown, though, then a regular skill would be. Does that balance it with the fact that it's a Lt. ability?

I say... maybe. It's still not entirely comparable.
Well its a matter of preferrence on weapons type if you are not a cannon user then you should stay away from fighters and just use the delta flyer on fed side. Honestly though if you've ever played kdf about 95% of our ships primary strength is using cannons so the fighter is all we need. On another note the devs wasting their time on another shuttle is pointless when time could be gone to other things we need like better patrols/sorties, content, filling the ship gaps. In all honesty though if they ever do make additional shuttles/fighters they will probally be like orion or nausicaan.
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-09-2011, 10:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeuxidemus
The delta flyer and the new fighters are evenly matched when it comes to boffs.
Apples and oranges...

Peregrine = To'duj
Runabout = Toron
Captain's Yacht = Duj'hod
Delta Flyer = ???
Tal'kyr = ???

Look at it this way: If you're playing a Klingon you have no choices for a shuttle. The only one available is the Toron, unless you buy the fighter in the C-Store or have been playing for 400 days. The Toron is a fine shuttle and comparable to the Runabout, but there's nothing even close to the Delta or Tal'kyr.
The Devs have mentioned their desire to add more shuttle-only missions, and even shuttle-pvp maps. If they're going to go that route, they have to add in one or two more shuttles for the KDF to balance it.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-10-2011, 05:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnin View Post
Apples and oranges...

Peregrine = To'duj
Runabout = Toron
Delta Flyer = ???
Tal'kyr = ???

Look at it this way: If you're playing a Klingon you have no choices for a shuttle. The only one available is the Toron, unless you buy the fighter in the C-Store or have been playing for 400 days. The Toron is a fine shuttle and comparable to the Runabout, but there's nothing even close to the Delta or Tal'kyr.
The Devs have mentioned their desire to add more shuttle-only missions, and even shuttle-pvp maps. If they're going to go that route, they have to add in one or two more shuttles for the KDF to balance it.
Toron looks like a cardboard box to me really, I always use my Chariot. But yeah more choices would be nice. But like someone stated, we'll need a lot more shuttle content to make them viable.
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-11-2011, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarnin View Post
Apples and oranges...

Peregrine = To'duj
Runabout = Toron
Delta Flyer = ???
Tal'kyr = ???

Just for the record, it is the Type 6 shuttle that is the fed equivalent of the KDF Toron shuttle, not the Runabout.

The Runabout may have identical stats to the Type 6 (can't remember off the top of my head) but its obviously still another choice for fed players and, since it has a hull about twice the size of the type 6/toron is effectively a different shuttle type still.
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-11-2011, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vampiric_hoshi View Post
Just for the record, it is the Type 6 shuttle that is the fed equivalent of the KDF Toron shuttle, not the Runabout.

The Runabout may have identical stats to the Type 6 (can't remember off the top of my head) but its obviously still another choice for fed players and, since it has a hull about twice the size of the type 6/toron is effectively a different shuttle type still.
There is no Type 6 shuttle in the game. There is a Type 8, which is a deathtrap. The Type 8 (a.k.a Powder Keg) has 4000 hull strength and 3 crew. No BOffs, which means you get no abilities but your captain skills. Don't get me wrong, I think the Type 8 would be a better noobie starter ship than a Miranda. But it is a deathtrap.

The Toron and Runabout have identical stats, which is why I made the comparison. The only difference is the ability (jam targeting sensors vs. tractor beam).
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-19-2011, 07:08 AM
it will come out a month or so after the fed get one according to cryptic.
What? You can't see it?