Lt. Commander
# 1 Camera Control via Keyboard
02-20-2010, 01:24 AM
I can't be the only STO player that has a definitive need for the camera to be controlled by the keyboard. It isn't feasible for me to use my touchpad in pvp (since the camera wont auto follow players apparently) and I refuse to limit myself to pve due to the oversight of such a thing as this. I still do alright in pvp, but I know I'm gimped this way and I have no other solution.

There is no reason I can see why the numpad can't be usable to control the camera's movement and zoom functions. It would smooth out gameplay for a lot of us who might not prefer the mouse for this.

Another thing that seems to be difficult to do without a mouse is control yourself on the ground, the automatics tend to fudge things up rather than actually help, and in pvp forget it, only a dumb player would not be able to get around to my blind sides.

Don't bother posting 'get a mouse' since that is not a solution I can work with given the space I tend to be playing this game in.
Lt. Commander
# 2
11-22-2010, 03:43 PM
You could, maybe, get a mouse.
Im serious. There are small mice that can fit anywhere. I have a good wireless one that works perfectly for me. Or you could learn how to use the touch pad on your laptop. It took me about an hour to get used to touchpad, and I got to Rear Admiral, Lower Half with only my touchpad.

So, trust me, you'll figure it out.
Lt. Commander
# 3
07-18-2011, 07:38 AM
i personally use a Logitech M215 USB Wireless mouse and it works perfectly and cheaply
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-18-2011, 05:03 PM
Unless there's a command hidden away that I'm missing, there doesn't seem to be a keybind, command, or option for camera direction. Weird considering just about every other camera option under the sun is available.

I think your best bet would be to try 'chase cam' and just turn your character anytime you want to turn the camera. You won't have any vertical control though.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-05-2011, 08:43 AM
This already exists. It's just crappy. I accidentally punched the Pg Up button on my itty-bitty laptop keyboard, and it panned the camera. Of course, this was an accident. But the best scientific discoveries were entirely by accident.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-08-2011, 06:37 PM
Hmm, maybe that is a recent addition. I'll have to check it out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordOfChaos0013
i personally use a Logitech M215 USB Wireless mouse and it works perfectly and cheaply
I do use a mouse when I can, but I use it for target selection mainly. I would prefer to control my camera separately, just like you can control the ship separately.