Lt. Commander
Good afternoon, all!

For my tac alt, I wanted to make him a Starfleet Marine. I took the admiral's uniform from "Wrath of Khan" and turned them into Dress Blues:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...DressBlues.png

I tried to match the colors of the traditional Dress Blues but for some reason I could never match the exact color of the trousers - they would seem to come out either too dark or too light. Anyway, comments, suggestions, and criticisms (especially from active duty and/or former Marines) are welcome.

Muchas gracias!
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-23-2011, 12:32 PM
That is still a commendable effort
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-23-2011, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Virgo View Post
Good afternoon, all!

For my tac alt, I wanted to make him a Starfleet Marine. I took the admiral's uniform from "Wrath of Khan" and turned them into Dress Blues:

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f1...DressBlues.png

I tried to match the colors of the traditional Dress Blues but for some reason I could never match the exact color of the trousers - they would seem to come out either too dark or too light. Anyway, comments, suggestions, and criticisms (especially from active duty and/or former Marines) are welcome.

Muchas gracias!
Oh sick, lol maybe I should do this one day ^_^ .

My uncle used to be in the marines...but retired some years ago. Hmmm I think he was a Sgt or Sgt Major lol :p
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-29-2011, 10:49 PM
Used a the same layout on mine, but have switched the belt to the jupiter veteran belt, and swapped the pants to the jupiter variant with the wide blood stripe just to change things up. The lighter blue is hard to match and I've tweaked it a few times myself.

As a former marine I think the WoK uniform has the closest look to the modern dress blues,
although I have been fooling around with the Jupiter variants, as well as the veteran jackets to see if I can get another style of "blues" that look good.
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-29-2011, 11:02 PM
I enjoy seeing dress uniforms in line and varied from the current military. but I do love the Wrath of Khan outfit, also would love to see rank insignias equal to our rank.
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-29-2011, 11:49 PM
I've made the dress blues with both the WoK outfit and the Jupiter variants, yours looks pretty good, and yes the pants are a real PITA to get to come out right. The nice thing about using the Jupiter variant is you can get hashmarks. However, I will point out that the colors it seems you're going for are the enlisted uniform. The officer uniform is generally Black Blouse, Black Belt, NO piping, but a white under collar type thing.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-30-2011, 06:36 PM
Semper Fi!
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-08-2011, 07:39 PM
Virgo you forgot to post that it was me in the pic lol.