Lt. Commander
# 1 Shooter Mode & Mouse Cursor
07-30-2011, 05:24 AM
I absolutely love shooter mode. Great work, cryptic!

There are just a few things, that might be improved:

Don't force me out of shooter mode, when you need a cursor. The camera moving from over-the-shoulder to free camera and back when reentering is a bit annoying. Also is the "switching to xyz mode"-message in the chat.
Give us a key bind, to show a mouse cursor. I.e. the control key would come to my mind. As long as I hold down CTRL, a mouse cursor is shown. When I release CTRL the mouse cursor disappears and the mouse would move the camera again.

Also don't pop up messages from other NPCs. Rather just play the communicator sound and display the button a the right side of the monitor. Unread messages could flash, just like an open skype window in the windows task bar, when it's not active and it receives a new message. Well, this could be an opional thing.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-04-2011, 03:33 AM
yup, we really need that. I use the mouse thumb-button (mouse button 5) to get /hide my mouse cursor, works great (enable mouse look) in space. Unfortunately this doesn't work in shooter mode on the ground, i have to go into RPG mode(also mouse button 5) to quickly get a cursor which does work but switching keeps holstering/unholstering my weapons. I like to stay in shooter mode all the time but when crafting we need the mouse cursor a lot and always pulling out a weapon really doesn't look good.
I'd much rather put rpg/shooter mode on a key which i barely use and get a simple show/hide cursor for my thumb button.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-04-2011, 01:53 PM
Ya I too dislike the camera shifting when messages pop up. It should just stay over the shoulder if you are in shooter mode and only activate the cursor.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-08-2011, 08:16 PM
I agree but I don't think a key bind should be necessary. Just have the mouse cursor reappear at the appropriate times.