Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Lt. Commander
# 1 Map-based dialogs
08-09-2011, 05:00 AM
Hi, I'm new.

I bought a month's subscription mainly to see what the foundry is like. I'm pretty sure everything I find I'm missing is already listed on a wish list somewhere, because it's really basic stuff. Anyway, some questions:

Map Dialogs - as in, the dialog trees that you place on a map, rather than on the story objectives flow chart:
Is there a way to initiate them more than once? From what I understand so far, you choose what component or objective activates them, and then when that component or objective is met/active/whatever, the dialog launches - and when completed, it stays complete and can't be reset/relaunched. With the ones that are hooked to NPC contacts, you can just talk to them again... but only the map-based ones are able to use the 'dialog reached' type conditionals on their buttons.

And why is the editor having us put dialog trees on the map? Does their physical location have any kind of effect?

Why is it that only the map-based dialog trees can have 'dialog reached' conditionals on their buttons?

Lastly, using these conditionals one could conceivably create multiple paths to completing an objective (by using dialogs as locks that can accept more than one type of key, and as the keys themselves). Are there any other methods for optional objectives that are recommended?