Lt. Commander
I know I might be in the minority on this one, but does anyone else think it would be a good idea to allow players customization options for the Sovereign's deflector dish? I know that canonically it is supposed to be yellow, but honestly I'd rather have a "Cryptic Blue" deflector my Sovvy, to give it a more refit feel.

I know that at one point, the deflector was in fact blue on the Sovvy in game, so I have to wonder how possible it would be to give the option to players.

If not to customize the dish outright, maybe add the NX texture as an option with the Sovvy, and that one would have the blue deflector.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-10-2011, 02:25 PM
LOL i mentioned this exact idea on another post a while back, great minds think alike. I would love the idea on customizing the dish and other parts of the ships as well.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-11-2011, 02:51 AM
I agree. I would like to see a blue, and maybe a red deflector dish.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-11-2011, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlothfulDragoon View Post
I know I might be in the minority on this one, but does anyone else think it would be a good idea to allow players customization options for the Sovereign's deflector dish? I know that canonically it is supposed to be yellow, but honestly I'd rather have a "Cryptic Blue" deflector my Sovvy, to give it a more refit feel.

I know that at one point, the deflector was in fact blue on the Sovvy in game, so I have to wonder how possible it would be to give the option to players.

If not to customize the dish outright, maybe add the NX texture as an option with the Sovvy, and that one would have the blue deflector.
Unfortunatly until another Sovy skin is added, the default deflector canot be changed. Adam (CapnLogan) fiddled with the ingame model for ages and some how managed to get the deflector color yellow and he also said on how tricky it is to do it (thats why you cant change it).

However I know the devs are making new kits for our ships that visualy make a difference graphicly on our ships. You never know we might be able to make it blue again.lol
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-13-2011, 08:19 PM
I've kinda wished not specific to the sovvy that the deflector was a separate selection option for the hull skin. On most of the ships I've had I prefer the Galaxy/Ent-D style deflector pattern but it's only a choice on one of the hull material options which isn't always the hull material I would prefer.

Don't expect it to happen but a separate selection option would be very nice.