Lt. Commander
# 11
08-04-2011, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
Also, I don't think there's a need to go with 2 ES. The CD is only like 15 seconds?
30 Second duration, 60 second cool down, so two ES give you the ability to keep an Extend up indefinitely.

I'm trying an unconventional setup right now for my healer, feel free to go "WTF Veritas!" before reading my reasoning.

TAC - TT1, AP: Delta
ENG - ET1, EmptS2, ES2, SIF 3
ENG - ET1, Empts2, ES2
SCI - TSS1, HE2
SCI - ST1

Neutronium - Shield Cap - Plasma Manifold - Shield Regen (w/ Borg shields = ridiculous)
Induction Stab. - Halon - Halon or Borg Console (depending on the enemy team)
Phaser Relay - Phaser Relay or Borg Console (again dependent on the enemy)

I use ES2+TSS1+TT1 to pump shields, SIF 3 to top people off when we're not taking heavy damage and SIF3+HE2 to pump hull. My ET stays as a last resort for VM and Disables as does ST for SNB+SS on myself which happens far too often for this main healer's liking.

I'm going to experiment going back to a high level ET. I'm thinking EmptS1 (which gets me up to about 100 shield power in my weapon and aux presets) + ES1 + ET3.

Again, this is all dependent on the enemy team makeup and whether or not I'm flying with the 7th Core Premade players versus our regular members. Glitch has pretty much mandated that all Premade players will carry 2-3 heals to be self sufficient / ease the burden on the Main and Support healers and combine those limited heals with the others carrying a few heals to assist in keeping up the main healer when he gets focused. They also all carry ST officers in their inventories in case we run into a heavy Scramble team (you know who you are).

In turn, the Main and Support healer must carry adequate damage equipment and abilities to enable them to switch to a more offensive build in the event we come up against a Cruiser/Healer fest and need the extra damage to break them. We also must carry spam (for me it's x2 Chroniton Mines) and anti-spam setups (FAW + Nadion / EPS for myself to clear mines, photonics and pets without having to lose focus on healing.

So yeah, if no one kills me this week after putting this info up I'll be a sad Panda.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-09-2011, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NohMalkiri
30 Second duration, 60 second cool down, so two ES give you the ability to keep an Extend up indefinitely. No, its 30/45.. running 2 copies is stupid.. loose the rsp

I'm trying an unconventional setup right now for my healer, feel free to go "WTF Veritas!" before reading my reasoning.

TAC - TT1, AP: Delta
ENG - ET1, EmptS2, ES2, SIF 3
ENG - ET1, Empts2, ES2
SCI - TSS1, HE2
SCI - ST1

Thats not very good. A healer shoud run epts1. and two es2? thats a horrible. loose your et3. get a rsp1 in there as well.

Neutronium - Shield Cap - Plasma Manifold - Shield Regen (w/ Borg shields = ridiculous) ridiculously easy for someone to one shot you!
Induction Stab. - Halon - Halon or Borg Console (depending on the enemy team)
Phaser Relay - Phaser Relay or Borg Console (again dependent on the enemy)

I use ES2+TSS1+TT1 to pump shields, SIF 3 to top people off when we're not taking heavy damage and SIF3+HE2 to pump hull. My ET stays as a last resort for VM and Disables as does ST for SNB+SS on myself which happens far too often for this main healer's liking. Main healer should not run any other teams than ETs

I'm going to experiment going back to a high level ET. I'm thinking EmptS1 (which gets me up to about 100 shield power in my weapon and aux presets) + ES1 + ET3. Thats better.

Again, this is all dependent on the enemy team makeup and whether or not I'm flying with the 7th Core Premade players versus our regular members. Glitch has pretty much mandated that all Premade players will carry 2-3 heals to be self sufficient / ease the burden on the Main and Support healers and combine those limited heals with the others carrying a few heals to assist in keeping up the main healer when he gets focused. They also all carry ST officers in their inventories in case we run into a heavy Scramble team (you know who you are).

In turn, the Main and Support healer must carry adequate damage equipment and abilities to enable them to switch to a more offensive build in the event we come up against a Cruiser/Healer fest and need the extra damage to break them. We also must carry spam (for me it's x2 Chroniton Mines) and anti-spam setups (FAW + Nadion / EPS for myself to clear mines, photonics and pets without having to lose focus on healing.

So yeah, if no one kills me this week after putting this info up I'll be a sad Panda.
If you actually survived in this setup i'll be sad panda.
opinion in red.

for an auxed based healer i'd suggest:

-APD
-EPtS1-ES1-ET3-AtS3
-EPtS1-RSP1-ET3
-HE1
-HE1-TSS2
(sci slots may be setup different.)
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-09-2011, 04:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppumaht View Post
-APD
-EPtS1-ES1-ET3-AtS3
-EPtS1-RSP1-ET3
-HE1
-HE1-TSS2
(sci slots may be setup different.)
I like this setup better:
TSSE1, APD1
EPtoW1, EPtoS2, ET3, AtoS3
EPtoS1, ET2, ES2
HE1, TSS2
HE1

The EPtoW does not interfere with my EPtoS cycle, and makes sure I can contribute a bit more to the team damage output as well. Sometimes I do wish I had RSP, but as a massive healboat with an engineer pilot, I can usually get by fine without it. I've also considered using ES1 over APtoW, to cut down the ES cooldown, but I'm not completely sold on the idea yet...
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-09-2011, 04:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
I like this setup better:
TSSE1, APD1
EPtoW1, EPtoS2, ET3, AtoS3
EPtoS1, ET2, ES2
HE1, TSS2
HE1

The EPtoW does not interfere with my EPtoS cycle, and makes sure I can contribute a bit more to the team damage output as well. Sometimes I do wish I had RSP, but as a massive healboat with an engineer pilot, I can usually get by fine without it. I've also considered using ES1 over APtoW, to cut down the ES cooldown, but I'm not completely sold on the idea yet...
it might not interfere with your epts but it takes 2 full slots. =not good.

an engineer should have no problem keep power up anyways. just run 100 weapon base.. but then its not a auxed based healer.

suggestion on hybrid dps/heal cruiser:

-delta
-epts1-rsp1-ats2-es3
-epts1-et2-et3
-he1
-he1-tss2
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-09-2011, 06:12 AM
well, running ES and AtoSIF, I want both my AUX and Shields to run as high as possible. The RSP does not benefit the team unless I'm being targeted, and that won't happen often, as I'm the heavy cruiser.

By adding 20ish power to weapons, I can put some more stress on the other team, and maybe force them to spend some heals. And as soon as the other team loose a ship or two, I'll adjust my power towards Weapons, to finish off the remaining 3 before the first two can respawn and come back.

EDIT: It only takes one slot! The one you use for RSP...
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-09-2011, 06:55 AM
i give up..

what do i know? what does era know? oh well.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-09-2011, 07:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppumaht View Post
i give up..

what do i know? what does era know? oh well.
Era? He knows nothing.

It was a sad day when he switched to hid AC and I started seeing "Praxis was killed by Era Skysni" :p
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-09-2011, 09:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
Era? He knows nothing.

It was a sad day when he switched to hid AC and I started seeing "Praxis was killed by Era Skysni" :p
Yeah i saw "Bot Fly killed by Era" in an arena yesterday, & i was all lolwut?