Lt. Commander
# 11
08-09-2011, 07:39 AM
Quote:
Although technically true, I'm thinking the more accurate reason is because you can buy multiples of them and being able to reclaim something you can have a couple of doesn't work well. The ability to sell them would just seem to be a side benefit of them not being reclaimable.
They could have made them something like Bind-On-Pickup, I think the sales aspect is fully intentional.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-09-2011, 07:53 AM
Also keep in mind that C-Store purchases that are bound to a single character, (e.g. Inventory Space, Bank Space, Ship & BO Slots) are gone if you delete that character and cannot be reclaimed.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-09-2011, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
They could have made them something like Bind-On-Pickup, I think the sales aspect is fully intentional.
Well they could have, but that would be screwing the players for no good reason. Other non-unique BOffs aren't Bind-On-Pickup so why would these be. And the sales aspect has the added benefit of making them available for ingame means which is something that some members of the community seem to care alot about. Come to think about it...they should probably do something like that with C-Store ship consoles also as their ingame source.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-09-2011, 10:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by psytce View Post
The Borg and Photonic Officers come straight from the C-Store and can be gotten again, the other you buy a voucher and give it in to receive those BOff so those you can't get again unless you buy another voucher....
Oh ok, thanks. That's a strange way of doing it.
Yep, that's how they make them per character BOffs. The other C-Store BOffs are available to every character on the account. The Caitian and/or Aenar voucher only goes to the character for which you purchase it, allowing only that character to get the BOff.

Lt. Commander
# 15
08-09-2011, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
The difference with the Aenar/Caitan is also that you can sell them on the Exchange. This allows people acquiring them without having to spend money. Onthe flip side, it's a way to buy EC in the C-Store.
I made 27 million ec when they first came out, they were going for 2-3 million a boff. All my ec is gone now. 27 million doesn't last long.

Quote:
Yep, that's how they make them per character BOffs. The other C-Store BOffs are available to every character on the account. The Caitian and/or Aenar voucher only goes to the character for which you purchase it, allowing only that character to get the BOff.
But you can mail that voucher to an alt I think. And the BOffs are tradeable after commission so you could use a middleman to get it to an alt.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-09-2011, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
Well they could have, but that would be screwing the players for no good reason. Other non-unique BOffs aren't Bind-On-Pickup so why would these be. And the sales aspect has the added benefit of making them available for ingame means which is something that some members of the community seem to care alot about. Come to think about it...they should probably do something like that with C-Store ship consoles also as their ingame source.
It is intentional, but it is not to screw over the players. Quite the oppersite.

It's a way of (testing if) selling non-bound items, to open a viable way to allow for:

- Cryptic to earn money (obviously)
- Let people get two quite requested BO's
- Allow people who do not have the real life money to spend, to gain access to C-Store items, through ingame currencies.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-09-2011, 01:41 PM
Thanks for all the replies and great information everyone! Greatly appreciated, indeed.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-09-2011, 01:56 PM
Anything that is still in the C-store and has a unlocked pad lock, yes.
Any thing else, no.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-09-2011, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanharn View Post
Anything that is still in the C-store and has a unlocked pad lock, yes.
Any thing else, no.
Ahh, that makes a lot of sense, I was wondering what those meant. Cheers!