Lt. Commander
# 1 !How about them Dodgers!
08-10-2011, 01:21 AM
!How about them Dodgers!

So how many pvpers are going when St*%Wars or a different mmo hits if the pvp is any good? Just wondering cause I am seeing a lot of avatars change here LOL. And yes this is a valid pvp thread you should want to know right?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-10-2011, 01:55 AM
TOR is going to have NO space PVP.:p
Lt. Commander
# 3 And
08-10-2011, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macumba
TOR is going to have NO space PVP.:p
I am sure it will be better then STO:p
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-10-2011, 02:21 AM
for tor will not have space pvp but it will have awesome ground pvp and CONTENT TO PLAY
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-10-2011, 04:39 AM
I am a PvPer primarily by necessity - PvP is fun, PvE is stale.

That said, I have tried out. They are all Free To Play, so trying out is easy, but there is a risk that you'll end up in Play-to-Win traps later.

Age of Conan: Not very far, not particularly excited yet, but not bad.
Black Prophecy: Seemed buggy and possibly already dying again, seemed flawed, and the faction imbalances and a steep power curve make balanced and interesitng PvP fights unlikely. But it's space combat. I'll probably keep an eye out on it.
Battlestar Galactica Online: Briefly tested it, but wasn't convinced yet. (Don't let the claim it's a "browser" game confuse you, though. The "browser" game actually requires a browser plugin that gives you fairly powerful graphics engine, so the game is not too shabby.) I
Champions Online: Not too bad, but I am kinda not happy with my current char's performance. The PvE seems more difficult than in STO.

Star Wars I'll try out definitely. Too bad there is no real Space Combat (yet at least). But I've heard some good stuff on the story and character development, so it might be good. Also, I'd love to join BigRedJedi's "LOLGround" fleet/guild/whatevertheycallitthere. :p LIght Sabers are per default cooler than Startrek's ground combat, and specifically cooler than STO's version.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-10-2011, 05:33 AM
This actually looks like a good place to 'officially' (as much as anything PvP-related is official... *sigh*) extend an invitation to the OPvP Community (and any of our Forum Regulars) to join with an Alt Guild (as Mustrum pointed out) 'LOLGround', with us in SWTOR. We understand that most of us will already have an established guild or Fleet going over together, and I encourage everyone to do so; however, through the past year and a half, we have been through thick and thin (and thinner) together, and I am hoping that we can have a common meeting place (and guild that can hold an Alt or two) where we can stay in touch.

The guild isn't going to be PvP- or PvE-specific, although, I will strive to ensure that whatever we want to do as a group, we will have the opportunity to pursue, rather, I hope that we can just use it as a little place to call home, our own little refuge, with friends, old and new.

*breaks into song*

"Where everybody knows your name... And they're always glad you came..."

I look forward to seeing you there! Here is where you can sign up!

-Big Red Sith Lord

Note: Yes, this initial guild will be Sith-side, but I am definitely open to having a Republic-side of the guild.
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-10-2011, 05:46 AM
What are you guys talking about?
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-10-2011, 10:21 AM
We're talking about off-topic stuff that really, really isn't for the STO forums.
If you'd like to talk about other games, I am certain they have a great community and forums as well.

Sorry, guys, but really.....
Closed Thread