Lt. Commander
# 1 Crashing over and over again
08-07-2011, 08:51 AM
I am getting sick of STO crashing over and over on me. I love the game but am frustrated with having the game crash on me and most times when it happens it crashes TS3 as well and brings my internet connection to a complete and total stop until I disable the STO launcher for a few minutes and then try again to log back in. This sucks when it happens in group missions like the cure, infected, or KA.

I have updated my drivers and there is no error message when it happens it just kicks me off the server after the game locks up. Am running STO on the following machine:

The link below shows my internet speed test results.
http://www.speedtest.net/result/1422518347.png
The link below shows my ping test results.
http://www.pingtest.net/result/44914081.png

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
8 GB 800 Mhz DDR 2
AMD Phenom II X 4 965 CPU (4 Cores @ 3.4 Ghz)
NVidia GeForce 550 Ti (HD video card w/ 1 GB onboard memory)
Realtek HD Audio
Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

I have no problems running any other programs except STO. I used this machine to run WoW for a few years at full 1080p resolution and never had an issue.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-07-2011, 02:50 PM
Do you run xfire? Your antivirus could be affecting the game as well. Sounds like some kind of software conflict.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-08-2011, 12:37 AM
No I don't run Xfire anymore. I have tried almost everything I can think of so I am stumped at the moment.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-09-2011, 11:22 AM
I'm also experiencing the same issues (among other things) and I run AMD x4 with Nvidia 9550 gt card.

I really don't think it's an issue on our end, more on Cryptics end. Before season 4 I have experienced one crash in a year of playing. Last nite numerous times the game would just lock up and I couldn't log back in for minutes at a time. And while I'm here im gonna list my other gripes.

Keybinds don't work unless you are on the 3rd setting on both space and ground.
Freezing where your ship spins like a top when u try to turn.
Quests bugging out.
No graphics for space abilities, like Mask Energy Signature. (Ship doesnt turn dark when activated)
Chat bugging out where you cant see team chat when on a team.
Chat bugging out where you cant see local, zone, and fleet sometimes.
Chat showing im logging off and on numerous times.
Keybinds malfunction, buff doesn't work and u still have to wait for cooldowns.
Keybinds dont work.
Keybinds dont work.

Cryptic is making me and my Panda bear cry.

Lt. Commander
# 5
08-10-2011, 06:09 AM
same here, crashes randomly over and over again on the desktop. On my Laptop this is not the case. The Difference is, that on the desktop i use the test tribble server and on the laptop i dont. Maybe there is some files causing this problem when you are a tribble test user.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-10-2011, 05:52 PM
That speedtest and ping test dont really help. You need to do the tests in this thread

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=225155