Lt. Commander
# 31
08-11-2011, 08:43 AM
I tend to agree with this. The Ambassador will probably be its own class, or a skin for the galaxy at tier 4 and a retrofit will be at tier 5, hopefully with a science ltc, and some more maneuverability.
Lt. Commander
# 32
08-11-2011, 08:55 AM
Remove Tier System -> Replace -> Scalable System.

Bye.
Lt. Commander
# 33
08-11-2011, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marctraider View Post
Remove Tier System -> Replace -> Scalable System.

Bye.
I would not play this game at all if I were constantly surrounded by T5 Miranda, NXs, Oberths, and TOS Connies at VA. It would be just as stupid on the PC side as it is on the AI side when my T1 is blowing up the same Negh'vars that my T5 is as I advance in level, IMO.

I'd prefer a tiered system which allowed for 1 Retrofit: T1s can be upgrade to T2, T2 to T3s, and so on. That way you can choose to switch or ride it out for another rank.
Lt. Commander
# 34
08-11-2011, 09:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I would not play this game at all if I were constantly surrounded by T5 Miranda, NXs, Oberths, and TOS Connies at VA. It would be just as stupid on the PC side as it is on the AI side when my T1 is blowing up the same Negh'vars that my T5 is as I advance in level, IMO.
You can already blow up NPC neg'vahrs right out of the gate as an ensign, in your Miranda/Connie/NX/Oberth.
Lt. Commander
# 35
08-11-2011, 09:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
You can already blow up NPC neg'vahrs right out of the gate as an ensign, in your Miranda/Connie/NX/Oberth.
Yeah, that's what I said. It's stupid on the AI side and I don't want to see it implemented on the PC side.
Lt. Commander
# 36
08-11-2011, 07:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
I don't think the fact that Cryptic tries to make players happy is childish.
What I said was that if Cryptic were to make the claim that they didn't want to do something, but they were "forced" to do it by player demands, that would be childish.

It would also be childish for players to insist that the devs didn't want to do something, but they were forced to by other players.