Lt. Commander
# 11
08-10-2011, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
I tried in my latest mission during combat to set ships to warp in with idle animations. I figured that if they are immediately in combat the animation would show only once. Problem was, by the time the second squad arrived, the battle had taken me out of range of the new ships entry spot. I watched them warp in looped until I got in range.
Had same issue, that's why I use decloak instead
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-11-2011, 02:59 AM
In my mission, I set "warp out" to a couple of friendly vessels. When you begin the mission, the battle is already going on so they don't idle and once the battle is over, they warp out.

It's not a perfect illusion as they sometimes warp out a fraction of a second before beginning to fight and, of course, they return if a player waits long enough.

I can only repeat a question that has been asked of over and over again: Why in all that is nice and holy are we not allowed to set NPCs to invisible?
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-11-2011, 06:42 AM
I haven't seen it yet but I'm sure this is an oft repeated question, too: Why are the warp/beam in/out animations repeating ones? When would that ever be useful? If there is a situation where it'd be useful, I bet it'd be impossible to implement because of some other limitation in the Foundry.

You can actually tell better Star Trek stories using LittleBigPlanet than you can with the foundry. The fact that your humans and klingons are made of fluff gets outweighed by the fact that you can actually tell engaging stories with more than dialog boxes, and craft complex game dynamics instead of having to jerry-rig a compromise out of half-baked tools.

It's just not right. I hope NWO isn't like this.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-11-2011, 11:20 AM
I'm trying to take the positive stance that the Foundry is still developing and these thing will come in time..........I hope