Lt. Commander
# 11
08-11-2011, 06:43 PM
A good read, but I have to say I'm quite disappointed in the tentative content release schedule provided...

Still, looking forward to the borg encounters, ground invasion and STF revamps in the "short" term.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-11-2011, 06:49 PM
" Will we see the Kobayashi Maru Test used in the Starfleet Academy Tutorial as a part of graduation from the academy ? Who is in Charge of Starfleet Academy ?
A: Yes and we are working on a new character to introduce as headmaster at the Academy in a future episode."

*Gasp!* Or how about a holographic Sulu? Or Uhura?
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-11-2011, 06:53 PM
Quote:
Q: Timelord_Victorious What was the reason for making the Rhode Island that is clearly more powerful than any other ship at that level? Isn't this making the old Nova obsolete for people who are willing to pay to be more powerful and turning everyone else into second class captains? This sounds harsh, but I honestly want to know the reason for it. Maybe there is something you have not told us yet, an important piece of the puzzle?

A: The plans are to add ship variants that have cool and versatile powers at all tiers. “More powerful” is debatable and if the forums are any indication there is not a consensus. We want to add new ships with new abilities across the board and simply making “skins” of ships that only look different, but don’t act different is not a goal. We want new ships to feel like new ships with new abilities. There were similar outcries about the Galaxy Dreadnaught when it first came out, but now that there are plenty more ships, the concerns over that ship are not what they used to be.

That said, we are still evaluating the Rhode Island and have delayed the release for at least a week to discuss the ship and ensure it is balanced for what it is intended to be. Also keep in mind that we intend for all ships to be earnable in game via emblems, so arguments that this is only for people who “pay for it” are unfounded.
"More powerful" is not, in this case, debatable. Leaving aside the console entirely, the simple fact is that the ship has identical stats to the same tier Nova class, but has an additional console slot and, most importantly, a higher ranked station allowing one additional power. Something that has more powers than an identically tiered ship is, by definition, more powerful.

Also, making a Tier 2 ship earnable via emblems would be... bad. You can't earn Emblems until Vice Admiral, at which point the fact that a Tier 2 ship is better than its free counterpart is irrelevant to you (other than picking up the console), as you`re three tiers past that.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-11-2011, 06:58 PM
Wow. The end of September for a good chunk of the content, and then the end of October for the Featured episodes and the DOFF system? And those are just the tentative dates.

If I wasn't Lifetime, I'd probably be canceling my subscription right now...
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-11-2011, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deshal
"More powerful" is not, in this case, debatable. Leaving aside the console entirely, the simple fact is that the ship has identical stats to the same tier Nova class, but has an additional console slot and, most importantly, a higher ranked station allowing one additional power. Something that has more powers than an identically tiered ship is, by definition, more powerful.

Also, making a Tier 2 ship earnable via emblems would be... bad. You can't earn Emblems until Vice Admiral, at which point the fact that a Tier 2 ship is better than its free counterpart is irrelevant to you (other than picking up the console), as you`re three tiers past that.
I'm entierly curious as to what forums he's looking at, while there is not a 100% agreement on it being OP or Pay to Win, its quite clear the majority of those posting here are stating it is so, needs to be fixed. And then there's the "It needs to be tier 5 groups" that are also large in number.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-11-2011, 07:06 PM
Yay! My question was used!
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-11-2011, 07:07 PM
I do have to give a thank you for the KDF receiving Pengs
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-11-2011, 07:08 PM
I cant belive the dates.
Its joke? have to wait even more to the new stf' ? "Borg STF Updates (new loot, new group finder tool) (Sep 22)"
And the Feature Episode Series 4 ready to start (Oct 22)

You are killing me, you are losing people, should try one thing WORK FINE
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-11-2011, 07:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superherofan1701 View Post
Wow. The end of September for a good chunk of the content, and then the end of October for the Featured episodes and the DOFF system? And those are just the tentative dates.

If I wasn't Lifetime, I'd probably be canceling my subscription right now...
My thoughts exactly ...
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-11-2011, 07:11 PM
¿22 of sep to the update STF? ¿are you joking? Mi god.. dont count with me this month!