Lt. Commander
# 11
08-11-2011, 09:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Yes, we're putting together the data now to make it possible to claim new bridge officers of better rarity of the opposing faction both for Diplomacy and the forthcoming KDF analog, Marauding.

These will be new claims - so go ahead and claim whatever common bridge officer you are entitled to; it won't affect the new rewards. The current common rewards will be grandfathered in and phased out in favor of the new rewards.

The timing on this depends on a bunch of dependencies, but around when duty officers come out is the most likely timeframe.
Woo there Nelly. Marauding!? YAY! Klingons getting fed officers!? YAY! New claims!? So we can claim our common BOff and then claim a new BOff and have two BOffa!? YAY!?
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-11-2011, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heretic
Yes, we're putting together the data now to make it possible to claim new bridge officers of better rarity of the opposing faction both for Diplomacy and the forthcoming KDF analog, Marauding.

These will be new claims - so go ahead and claim whatever common bridge officer you are entitled to; it won't affect the new rewards. The current common rewards will be grandfathered in and phased out in favor of the new rewards.

The timing on this depends on a bunch of dependencies, but around when duty officers come out is the most likely timeframe.
So when are duty officers and Marauding coming out?... I'd like to be able to send many KDF pilots out to Sirius Sector block to have fun.... I have some soggy mashed cookies for you if you can answer my question
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-11-2011, 05:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleTerribleRomulan
So when are duty officers and Marauding coming out?... I'd like to be able to send many KDF pilots out to Sirius Sector block to have fun.... I have some soggy mashed cookies for you if you can answer my question
I would hope soon
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-11-2011, 07:54 PM
Marauding and Diplomacy updates will have to go along at the same time as the duty officer system. Right now the duty officer system is in a pretty good state, but we are still going through resources to make sure that it plays well and that all of the functionality is there -- does no good to have a bunch of officers if you can't assign them to missions, after all! (I'll leave it to Heretic to talk about the DOFF system from here on out, as that's his bailiwick.)

My tentative plan for the Marauding cross-faction officers is to give you access to "space pirates" and other disaffected sorts who no longer hold with the Federation's ideals -- folks like Arcturus Baran's crew in "Gambit" or the black marketeers in the beginning of Star Trek III: The Search for Spock. I need some special updates to some of our definition files to make these work.

We'll keep you posted, but this is certainly one of my priorities for implementation and I've managed to successfully give my Klingon ship a Human space pirate in testing here, so it's not impossible.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-11-2011, 08:32 PM
Just a question but can, say, a human Diplomacy BO have anything that a KDF alien can't?

In the case of Diplomatic exchange officers fed-side, Nausicaans and Gorn can't be made in the character creator. Orions can be, visually at least, but do have unique costumes. (Maybe that terra Nova combadge we've seen on Twitter and some of the off-duty costume options that KDF don't get normally?)

In general, for Marauding BOs, I'd like to see at least one be pretty exotic, ala Gorn. Maybe Caitians.

Now... Since Diplomatic BOs will just be a retired, grandfathered feature and the new diplomatic BOs will be at a new tier of Diplomacy...

Why stop at 3?

I'd like to see 5 per side:

Diplomatic BOs:

Klingon Refugees (House of Martok), Orions, Gorn, Nausicaan, Lethean

Marauding BOs:

Humans, Vulcans (Cult of Sybok? I could see them identifying with KDF), Caitian, Joined Trill, Ferengi

I'm going to throw out there that some of the core traits, particularly for the marauding BOs, wouldn't make sense. (Teamwork for the humans, for example? If they're space pirates, aren't they more loners?)

Above all, I think it would be really cool if:

A) The Vulcans were Cult of Sybok and had a "You have much pain..." "...Let me take it from you!" one two trait punch. (An expose and an exploit trait on the same character. Percentages adjusted for balance.)

B) The Klingons were House of Martok and had a heightened honorable trait.

C) The Ferengi had a more opportunistic trait mixed in there that Fed Ferengi get. Maybe a 20% increase in the value of replicator sales while on your bridge?

D) Throw efficiency on all of them, just so nobody yawns when they see diplomatic BOs this time. ;-)