Lt. Commander
I have never played the New Link mission, the mission has never shown up in my available missions list and I didn't even know it existed until I was on the online wiki. I also can't get any first contact missions and I try to file tickets but I don't know if they go through or not, as they do not show up in my ticket list after I file them. Does anyone else have these problems? How do I notify Cryptic?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-11-2011, 11:05 AM
I've already notified crypic of the issue with First Contact missions and they say they are working on it
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-11-2011, 01:43 PM
the new link is part of a chain of mission that you can onloy get by speaking to kurdland directly on ds9 (ie actually go there rather than hail him). after you get mission 1 in the chain and complete it, then missions 2 and 3 should then be available via the hail.

assuming you have done missions 1 and 2 and still nothing then some people have mentioned that there is a problem with the new link not showing at all.

they have said that if you go to the orias sector directly it should pop up as available and you can just start it from there.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-11-2011, 03:03 PM
I've done every mission in the game except for the new link, it just never showed up, I will try visiting the orias system and see. I've never played a first contact mission either but that's only because I just now got the diplomacy points. This is the weirdest thing with the new link, I would never have known it existed had I not been browsing the wiki. I wonder if anyone else has this problem?
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-12-2011, 07:09 AM
I think you need to complete "The Long Night" first. That is where the player goes to Empok Nor to apprehend Gul Madrid. It is Gul Madrid who gives the location of the New Dominion's "Homeworld". Sorry if that is a story spoiler.