Lt. Commander
Quote:
Q: ppumaht Why have there been NO additions to space pvp since launch, only the removal of space assault and Marks of Honor (even though you can still get Marks of Exploration)? Is there any plans to change this?

A: There is no great answer for “why”, but I can say that we do plan to introduce PVP maps as part of our Feature Episode Series moving forward due to continual community requests for more maps. This is being worked into the schedule so that it gets done.
Marks of Honor are part of a global economy update coming out in September which will introduce a singular currency that can be earned across the board where you would previously earn Marks or Badges.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
"Soon"

Translation: After every costume for every species ever seen on screen, every vacation spot, and every walk animation imaginable is added to the game.

I could have sworn this was "in development" now its plan. Am i just reading too much into this?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-11-2011, 07:27 PM
Maybe.....the plan could be it is in development design stage...but is moving slower than they want or weird bugs (like the harpeng and shield regen of today) takes away way too much of their time. Damage control on S4 must be overwhelming, as we are one month from release and they are still putting out fires.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-12-2011, 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by genxcraig View Post
Maybe.....the plan could be it is in development design stage...but is moving slower than they want or weird bugs (like the harpeng and shield regen of today) takes away way too much of their time. Damage control on S4 must be overwhelming, as we are one month from release and they are still putting out fires.
That is at least something that even dstahl is saying - it cost STO a lot, and now a lot of stuff is over-schedule. It seems they are lacking people everywhere. Or at least, they where - with Perfect World, things will change for the better, or at least so is the impression he gives.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-12-2011, 05:28 AM
I'm actually surprised to see PvP get a mention in the Ask Cryptic, although I'm sure they've been saying for a while now that they'd incorporate a new PvP map into the next FE series.

I question why, though does getting a new map for PvP have to be tied to an FE series at all? (let alone the next one, which is apparently now going to be delayed for several months).

Surely it can't be that hard to create a new map or two - we're not asking for anything complicated - just some basic scenery and some spawn points. Leave anything more complicated than that until you can give us a new game type for PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-12-2011, 05:37 AM
Well I'm for sure not a Cryptic-fanboy but...

If DStahl says he PLANS to bring the map in with a FE-Series that is about to be released relativly soon that most likley means he INTENTS to do that and that its prety far "developed".
To turn arround every word that exactly just to have a reason to complain seems prety close to trolling to me.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-12-2011, 06:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogsBody
I'm actually surprised to see PvP get a mention in the Ask Cryptic
Me too, seriously, me too...
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-12-2011, 07:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
Well I'm for sure not a Cryptic-fanboy but...

If DStahl says he PLANS to bring the map in with a FE-Series that is about to be released relativly soon that most likley means he INTENTS to do that and that its prety far "developed".
To turn arround every word that exactly just to have a reason to complain seems prety close to trolling to me.
There have been "plans" to get PvP some maps from the Season 2. "Plans" like the infamous Snix post.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-12-2011, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
There have been "plans" to get PvP some maps from the Season 2. "Plans" like the infamous Snix post.
Oh, you mean the zombie sticky? Lol