Lt. Commander
As a lifetime subscriber I am not effected as much; but for the Foundry Author that maintains their subscription for the sole purpose of the foundry authoring tool, could you say they paid for a service not provided? After all, the foundry was offline for a little over three weeks, and in the two it has been back, it has been heavily buged. Even the patch today: the problem of game crashes during map transition was known on the Tribble server, and yet the code was still pushed to Holodeck. Why?

I hope that one day foundry is finally up and running, because I would like to see more great missions from the talented authors out there; but for now, I feel all the failed promises, and broken fixes, are hurting the future of the game. I hope things get turned around before it's too late, because I'd like to see some value from my life time account.

P.S. This is not meant to be a flame, and I don't want to start a flame thread. This is my honest feedback. If you want to start a flame please don't do it in this thread.

P.P.S. Too you Star Base UGC guys (and Terilynn), great tutorials, and pod-cast. I think it's an awesome resource; but the Register script on your site seems to be broken
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-12-2011, 11:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSNet
P.P.S. Too you Star Base UGC guys (and Terilynn), great tutorials, and pod-cast. I think it's an awesome resource; but the Register script on your site seems to be broken
weird, I'll check it out. Thanks.

Edit: This is now fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-12-2011, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
weird, I'll check it out. Thanks.

Edit: This is now fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Sweet, headed there now
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-12-2011, 04:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NSNet
Even the patch today: the problem of game crashes during map transition was known on the Tribble server, and yet the code was still pushed to Holodeck. Why?(
simple. test server population is low. live server does it need to be said i mean really
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-12-2011, 05:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdraftbrn View Post
simple. test server population is low. live server does it need to be said i mean really
You make it sound like they didn't know about the crashing, yet they disclosed the crashing in the Release notes.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-12-2011, 06:47 PM
This whole thing is frustrating The vast majority of new content won't be out until around late september and october. The whole purpose of the foundry was to create new content, and then in the middle of the worst content drought the foundry breaks down. This whole thing makes Cryptic look horrible. Then to top it all off SWTOR (the game that could revolutionize the whole MMO industry) is coming out around november. If Cryptic can't get on top of these bugs and create new content many of STOs players will be trading in there phasers for a lightsaber. To me, based on what Cryptic has been doing, they don't seem to understand this
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-12-2011, 09:08 PM
u also have to remember as players we only see one side of the coin. we dont see whats been/being done we only see the end result and as much as id like to have it fixed quickly id rather have updates to the status and have it done right.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-13-2011, 05:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmdraftbrn View Post
u also have to remember as players we only see one side of the coin. we don't see whats been/being done we only see the end result and as much as id like to have it fixed quickly id rather have updates to the status and have it done right.
Me too, there was a lack of updates during the three weeks it was actually turned off. Yesterday they turned it off again, but Daniel Stahl came out in this forum channel within an hour and told us why this time! I really appreciate that and hope this means they realized how important the foundry has become for some of the player base, not just the authors!

I won't get my hopes up too high (they are up though), but from what Stahl posted, it sounds like they got the problems solved!