Lt. Commander
# 11
08-11-2011, 09:17 PM
The 1701 and 1701-A were just about identical.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-11-2011, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
Ohhh, snap!
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-11-2011, 10:21 PM
My complaint is simply that the nacelles and their pylons appear too dainty and small compared to have beefy the rest of the ship looks. They just don't fit in my opinion, and make the ship look slow and unwieldy. Loot at the Galaxy, it's nacelles weren't necessarily large compared to how massive the rest of the ship was, but they and their pylons flowed well in the design. The Sovereign's nacelles were quite large, and made the ship look fast and powerful.

I simply think that the nacelles pylons on the Enterprise-F should be similar in design (and maybe size) and its saucer's signature pylons.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-12-2011, 05:09 AM
I really have to agree, I 'm not either really into the new Enterprise. It looks more like an Intrepid-Variant to me.

There were such a lot of great and interesting looking ships at the design contest. I feel very sorry that none of them made the call.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-12-2011, 06:49 AM
It looks nothing like the Sovvy, or else it would be halfway acceptable.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-12-2011, 06:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
C was not a million miles off the D either.

the F is meant to be bigger than the other ships, and i think that will translate into the game.
Lt. Commander
# 17 Galaxy class
08-12-2011, 07:10 AM
It was one last multi rolled ships when the went down the road of specialized ship they cut out a lot of things. So the ship was smaller. As for size you run into major game play issue when you make ship that big. Even in canon they went with what looked good and did not do things to scale
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-12-2011, 07:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetRaccoon
Its all about how large they create the model..

Also, just because the Sovereign was smaller than the Galaxy doesn't mean it wasn't more advanced than the Galaxy.

The Bio Neural gel paks, the warp core, the "hull hugging" shields.. ect.
Actually, I think that while the Galaxy had more bulk, the Sovereign was longer. There is debate as to the number of decks on the Enterprise-E. 24,26, and 30 were all quoted on screen. I myself buy into 30 decks. That still doesn't compair to the 42 decks on the Galaxy. And at least 2 or 3 of those decks were completely occupied by the Uber Deuterium Storage tank!

I agree that the new "Odyessy" class looks so much like the Soveregin, that is should simply be another Assault Cruiser skin. The next Enterprise should not be commissioned yet, but when it does, it should have a more bulky appearance like the Consitution or the Galaxy, and not the "sleek" design like the Excelsior or the Soveregin.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-12-2011, 11:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic_One View Post
Yes, the Galaxy has more mass: 3.28 million mt versus the Sovereigns 2.72 million mt. But most of the Galaxy's size comes from the saucer - designed to carry 1,000 civilian family members. I always thought having all the families on board was just stupid: especially considering how seldom Picard would separate the saucer to protect all those civilians.
This and all those families took up the room that could have been used for better systems of any kind from weapons, shields, sensors, science labs.

The fact of the matter is that a flag ships needs to be able to deal a few good solid punches to at times. At this the Galaxy class just doesn't hold a candle to the sovereign which was designed from the ground up to be far more combat orientated and than you can take even half the mass of the galaxy and come out with a batter ship with only 1 down side, it does not carry families and really families should not be onboard most vessels.
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-12-2011, 11:39 AM
I just think it's funny to hear them gush on and on about the novel 2 neck design... when plain as day there were -3- necks attaching the saucer to the engineering hull in the award winning sketch.