Lt. Commander
# 11
08-12-2011, 01:17 PM
Updated sound effects as well?
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-12-2011, 01:23 PM
Looks nice, but will they only be phasers?

Also, is the ships model going to be overhauled as well? It's currently highly inaccurate, it seems to of been based on the ST:factfile blueprints (which are not correct when compared to the actual models used in the show)
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-12-2011, 01:24 PM
I hope these are cosmetic changes A) and B) also that they will be applied to ALL CANNON EFFECTS!
Anything else, like these being specific items will be a major disappointment to those who were waiting for cannons to look more like Star Trek.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-12-2011, 01:24 PM
I'm hoping for a special mission reward like the rapid transphasic launcher...same idea as normal cannons but with just a LITTLE more kick

I just hope they do more damage than normal dual cannons...was playing around with those on my Defiant today and they just weren't getting the job done. I'll keep my DHCs for now, but I hope these new quad cannons are on par with them
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-12-2011, 01:27 PM
now we're talking

duel torpedo launches too please.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-12-2011, 01:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suricata View Post
Looks nice, but will they only be phasers?

Also, is the ships model going to be overhauled as well? It's currently highly inaccurate, it seems to of been based on the ST:factfile blueprints (which are not correct when compared to the actual models used in the show)
Unlikely, since the Defiant model has already recieved a "major" overhaul.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-12-2011, 01:28 PM
Just what the defiants needs.. more toys.. i have a better idea too ¿why dont give the Intrepid more hull and the Excelsior more turn rate? And then you change the name of the game tol "ST-DEI O: (Star Trek Defiant-Excelsior-Intrepid Online).
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Very nice, now add dual quantums please.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-12-2011, 01:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexraptor View Post
Unlikely, since the Defiant model has already recieved a "major" overhaul.
Shame, because it's pretty bad right now. I still don't get why the hull plating is modeled onto it, surely they can make a custom pattern for it (like they do with all the other decorative textures), that would save poly counts then for more greebly detailing. It'd be nice if they atleast fixed the nacelles angle and deflector housing abgle to be more accurate, which shouldn't be that hard to do (send me the model and I'll fix it myself!!!) :-P
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-12-2011, 01:51 PM
Daddy likes. Daddy wants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cerritouru View Post
Just what the defiants needs.. more toys.. i have a better idea too ¿why dont give the Intrepid more hull and the Excelsior more turn rate? And then you change the name of the game tol "ST-DEI O: (Star Trek Defiant-Excelsior-Intrepid Online).
So you are assuming then that the cannons do more damage than all of the other cannons already in game? Why?

For all you know, its just an ordinary dual heavy phaser cannon with a different firing animation than the standard dual heavy phaser cannon animation. How bout we save the whining until we know something one way or the other?