Lt. Commander
# 21
08-05-2011, 05:20 AM
Guys,STO do not support SLI.check on nvida page and you will notice.
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-05-2011, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroke
Well, No change still today. Can't even log in, in SLi. Just squiggly lines alternating with great graphics.

THIS THREAD IS NOT ABOUT FRAME RATES!!

It IS about not being able to play in SLi at all!

Thank you for keeping this thread on topic. I've paid GOBS of cash to play this game (enough to buy many higher end graphics cards). The least I can get is my own thread on NOT getting to play! Instead of it turning into a frame rate thread.
The point was forget about being an nvidia owner and getting decent framerates/sli performance on nvidia cards. This game should be labelled plays best on ATI because we dont know how to program for nvidia. Sorry crypticdave i know your trying to fix it but how long must nvidia owners wait for decent performance from the game ?
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-05-2011, 04:56 PM
I can't disagree with that though.

I have been an Nvidia guy since my Gainward gforce4 TI 4800 card. Never bought ATI before.

Don't plan to.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-05-2011, 06:37 PM
Hi Kroke,

I'm runniing Dual GTX580's and I read somewhere that if you try connecting your monitor to the 2nd card, the problem might resolve itself.

I had some flickering problems when I connected my monitor to the first card but everything was fine when I connected it to the second card.
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-07-2011, 06:36 AM
That doesn't work at all!

Just a black screen with the monitor plugged into the bottom card.

I noticed yesterday in my menus somewhere, that although both of my cards are 9800gt from XFX, they have different software versions on each card.

So, I'm going to try switching which card is top and bottom. We'll see if one likes that more.
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-11-2011, 03:34 PM
Although technically a bump.

I still can't play this game without disabling SLi. After giving this company around $500, I think supporting the "BEST" graphics systems. (Nvidia SLi, lol) Which cost me an additional $200 with the Motherboard.

That's $700 Spent to get good graphics in this game.

If they WILL NOT, and DO NOT support Nvidia. Then I will keep this post TDC!
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-11-2011, 05:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroke
Although technically a bump.

I still can't play this game without disabling SLi. After giving this company around $500, I think supporting the "BEST" graphics systems. (Nvidia SLi, lol) Which cost me an additional $200 with the Motherboard.

That's $700 Spent to get good graphics in this game.

If they WILL NOT, and DO NOT support Nvidia. Then I will keep this post TDC!
Try adding an SLI profile for 'gameclient.exe' as well as 'startrekonline.exe' (and as other have said - make sure you force an SLI mode. I ran STO in SLI up to about three months post launch fine (I had two 7950GTs) - but after one died; I just said screw it and got a GTX260. (Personally, I find SLI a waste and will never do it with two seperate physical cards again as the actual boost isn't woryth the extra cost of a second physical card; and all the things that alone ads in that you need a higher capacity PSU - extra cooling, etc.)

Again, I wish I knew more about your sustem as I was able to get (and verify) STO to run fine on NVidia SLI from October 2009(start of closed beta for me) - May 2010 until one of my cards died.
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-12-2011, 12:51 AM
Kroke, in your bios, set your primary GFX card to the second card and then connect your monitor to the second card. I forgot to mention this.

I'm running SLI just fine.
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-12-2011, 11:32 PM
This is why I will NEVER go SLI or Crossfire, to much of a headache to get working, heck, sometimes I have troubles getting one card to work with a game. xD

Nvidia Inspector is a nice little addon utility that may or may not help get SLI going for you.
http://downloads.guru3d.com/NVIDIA-I...load-2612.html

Just click on the tool icon next to driver version and on the top scroll down to "Star Trek: Online" and there you can choose all sorts of SLI profiles, plus other goodies. Just don't overdo it on the extra settings. (thank god it has a load default button)