Lt. Commander
# 11
08-09-2011, 04:25 PM
So nice to see TOS fans showing their pride here on the STO forums! Wonderful ideas. Keep them coming!
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-11-2011, 12:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel-Hyena
I snatched up a blue TOS-era Klingon Disruptor Pistol MK IV back when I was a LtCmdr.

It was a sad day when I finally got weapons that were undeniably better. Still have it in my bank, since it was such an awesome item to grab.
why havent you replayed the mission and gotten a higher level version?
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-11-2011, 03:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chugster View Post
http://www.stowiki.org/Klingon_Disruptor_Pistol

Other special rewards:
http://www.stowiki.org/Ground_weapon

It's sad that this one got nerfed with ground combat 2.0. It's fire rate made the Mk VII version
one of the best available weapons for your BOs even at VA level.
http://www.stowiki.org/Polaron_Full_Auto_Rifle
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-11-2011, 03:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by McCoy3773 View Post
I've already got the TOS Bundle and starship, seems really good. Also, is there a TOS phaser rifle and hand held "shaver" phaser?
yes the phaser rifle is in a devidian mission (the last one I believe) and the shaver phaser is in a Klingon mission in Pi Canis I believe its the "past imperfect" mission

Quote:
I snatched up a blue TOS-era Klingon Disruptor Pistol MK IV back when I was a LtCmdr.

It was a sad day when I finally got weapons that were undeniably better. Still have it in my bank, since it was such an awesome item to grab.
you can get those at what ever rank your at now so if your a VA it will be a Mk XI version, there still decent weapons to have IMO.
Lt. Commander
# 15 Cryptic
08-11-2011, 03:54 AM
They seem have big chip on the shoulders about this one. They do not like putting TOS stuff in game and unless Cryptics is willing to post a letter from CBS saying we do not want Cryptic to use TOS stuff. I do not belive them about CBS being the big road block. It would 30 seconds to type up a letter and have the head of CBS Star Trek Canon sign it. Cryptic keep saying we need to make money and they know that players are willing to put USD for thing like T5 Constitution-class They even admitted it was the most ask for ship. Cryptic dose not get it that if they want to bring in older players to the game you must put thing in the game the older people grew up on that means TOS ships.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-11-2011, 04:29 AM
Maybe a lot of people want a T5 Connie but I don't think the main reason behind Cryptic's refusal to make one is CBS. I might want to fly a Sopwith Camel into battle but it can only be refitted up to a certain point. And it is only 100 years old! We're in the 25th century. The Connie was decommissioned in the 23rd century. It just wouldn't make sense to see a lot of VA's flying around in ships that are 200 years old. It's not that they can't do ti but let's face it, it's make no sense whatsoever. People keep talking about immersion well I'm sorry but if you start seeing T5 Connies everywhere there goes the immersion. Starfleet would have to be in a very bad shape if they were start making old ships from scrap. Don't forget that only 12 Constitution-class starships were ever built and that at least 5 of them were destroyed. So there couldn't be more than 7 Connies anyway...
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-11-2011, 05:02 AM
but but but.....

there is time travel. They could make another time travel type of feature episode where you do get to fly around in a Connie. Or some sort of time/parallel dimention portal to a whole sector of space where you need specific 'old' style ships to be able to get through the portal (in case of time contamination). or something.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-12-2011, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trygvar View Post
Maybe a lot of people want a T5 Connie but I don't think the main reason behind Cryptic's refusal to make one is CBS. I might want to fly a Sopwith Camel into battle but it can only be refitted up to a certain point. And it is only 100 years old! We're in the 25th century. The Connie was decommissioned in the 23rd century. It just wouldn't make sense to see a lot of VA's flying around in ships that are 200 years old. It's not that they can't do ti but let's face it, it's make no sense whatsoever. People keep talking about immersion well I'm sorry but if you start seeing T5 Connies everywhere there goes the immersion. Starfleet would have to be in a very bad shape if they were start making old ships from scrap. Don't forget that only 12 Constitution-class starships were ever built and that at least 5 of them were destroyed. So there couldn't be more than 7 Connies anyway...
that arguement is so lame at this point. this game is so "Uncanon" that a t-5 connie wouldnt hurt anything. this "it's the 25th century" but hey lets put in the NX-1 and create some fluff as to why its there. that arguement doesn't hold water any more. the real problem is it would "hurt" someones ego if they got trounced by a t-5 connie in PvP thats the whole entire problem.

we already have a TON of connies flying around and a few NX's and i dont see it causing a mass exodus of players because it "hurt" their immersion.

As for the only being 7 left. well he said their where only 12 like her indicating at that MOMENT there where only 12 in the class. it did not stipulate that they where not building more or even if those 12 where only one model of that ship (IE as in a B Mod versus say a J Mod) . in star trek 4 they where given a new "Enterprise" and it was stated that she was brand new in Trek 5. that indicates they where still building the model because they renamed one as she was coming out of the Yards just for Kirk. You dont build a ship like that over night.

I would actually love to have a seperate server. a TOS/TMP transition server.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-12-2011, 02:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chugster View Post
Eh, just haven't gotten around to it. I'm still only a Captain, dunno if I want to just wait until I'm a VA or not to grab another. Or heck, I might grab the rifle this time... whichever has the bigger Exploit shot, might as well make the best of being a Saurian.
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-13-2011, 12:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkBugHunter View Post
yes the phaser rifle is in a devidian mission (the last one I believe) and the shaver phaser is in a Klingon mission in Pi Canis I believe its the "past imperfect" mission

you can get those at what ever rank your at now so if your a VA it will be a Mk XI version, there still decent weapons to have IMO.
decent? I think at VA the disruptor is 102 DPS that's more than decent... it's one of the higher DPS pistols in game