Lt. Commander
# 11
08-13-2011, 08:31 AM
For what it's worth, (as someone who bought the skin with the 250 freebie points), I don't mind seeing the prices normalized across the board.

It makes more sense than one item being substantially more expensive than the equivalents.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-13-2011, 08:42 AM
I don't really care about the price change itself.

I just am a little startled that customers would be so willing to accept poor customer service is all.

A lot of companies really do go that extra mile for their customers. All predicated on the idea that good customer service gives them a better reputation and helps draw in more business.

To see so many customers so willing to defend poor customer service, just strikes me as odd.

You get what you pay for you know? It's a-OK for people to demand better service than what is being offered here.

I mean imagine how much more POSITIVE this move would be if Cryptic, realizing what this does to people who already paid the old price, gave out ... 10 emblems. Or a Free Tribble. To all the people who bought it at the old price.

No biggie right?

But instead of complaints, you get a whole heaping of "hey, thanks! Great job Cryptic! You guys rock!"

That's something worth defending.

Just sticking it to the customers like that though? Why bother defending it?
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-13-2011, 09:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by superchum View Post
Just sticking it to the customers like that though? Why bother defending it?
Wholeheartedly agreed. As I've said before; if the C-Store were real, it would have had a brick through the window a long time ago.

Just this particular case is tiny compared to the rest of Cryptic's sins of acquisition:
  • VAT scam
  • Character only purchases
  • Items advertised as account-wide but only appearing once
  • Lack of purchase history
  • Inconsistent claim procedure
  • Revoked access to previously bought items
  • Pre-order / Champions Lifetime items available in C-Store
  • Poorly worded 'Buy Today' text
  • No consistency or timeframe for making C-Store ships available in game
  • DOff 'random' boosters
  • 'Pay to Win' ships and consoles
  • Imbalanced KDF access to game-changing C-Store items
  • Open Beta character races removed for 'technical reasons', but appearing in C-Store on launch day
  • Poor C-Store interface causing non-refundable unwanted purchases
  • Unpurchased items appearing in 'Special Unlocks' section
  • C-Store release schedule superceding the release of regular content
  • etc. etc.

By comparision, listing the Imperial skin alongside its equivalents for a greater price; then reducing the price to match the others, is small potatoes. At least a potential customer would have been informed enough to notice the price difference.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-13-2011, 11:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathenStorm View Post
Wholeheartedly agreed. As I've said before; if the C-Store were real, it would have had a brick through the window a long time ago.
So, if you buy a pair of jeans, and the next day they put jeans on sale, or mark down the price, you throw a brick through their window?
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-13-2011, 12:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Naevius
So, if you buy a pair of jeans, and the next day they put jeans on sale, or mark down the price, you throw a brick through their window?
Nah. Instead, they go to the "Customer Service" area of said store, or the returns area of said store, mull about the line that's formed, and start telling all the people who are trying to return items or get customer service issues resolved that they are way out of line and that the store is doing its best and that's just life and to deal with it.