Lt. Commander
# 21
08-12-2011, 12:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liandras
This and all those families took up the room that could have been used for better systems of any kind from weapons, shields, sensors, science labs.

The fact of the matter is that a flag ships needs to be able to deal a few good solid punches to at times. At this the Galaxy class just doesn't hold a candle to the sovereign which was designed from the ground up to be far more combat orientated and than you can take even half the mass of the galaxy and come out with a batter ship with only 1 down side, it does not carry families and really families should not be onboard most vessels.
The Galaxy wasn't created during a time with major war though. Although the Dominion War refits of the Galaxy did infact use that space for better systems.

The Galaxy's "Kill to Death" ratio was the highest of any ship during the Dominion war.
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-12-2011, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikeOnline View Post
I just think it's funny to hear them gush on and on about the novel 2 neck design... when plain as day there were -3- necks attaching the saucer to the engineering hull in the award winning sketch.
I'm with you on this. Clearly there are 3 pylons attaching the saucer the the main hull. Way to ignore the contest and do things your way on this one devs. I know people give you guys a hard time. But if your going to pick a winner. Make it LOOK like the winner?
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-12-2011, 12:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikeOnline View Post
I just think it's funny to hear them gush on and on about the novel 2 neck design... when plain as day there were -3- necks attaching the saucer to the engineering hull in the award winning sketch.
Dude, that 'third' neck was the right hand warp pylon, 'plain as day'

Seriously, who am I going to believe, the guy who drew the winning sketch, or... you...

GEE, LET ME THINK FOR A MOMENT.
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-13-2011, 03:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueamdgamer View Post
Personal Log:
Why are you making a personal log public? In fact, why do you think anyone should care about the opinions you express in your personal log?
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-13-2011, 03:34 PM
A little while ago, I did a size comparison of the three ships:

http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/9343/unled1xcu.jpg

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/2859/unled2oi.jpg

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/8776/unled3du.jpg

The Ent-F is certainly longer than the Galaxy, but the Galaxy (especially the saucer) is far more massive.
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-13-2011, 03:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten-Nemesis View Post
The Ent-F is certainly longer than the Galaxy, but the Galaxy (especially the saucer) is far more massive.
But the engineering section is so much bulkier, although alot of that looks like alot of hull plating..
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-13-2011, 03:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobekeus View Post
The 1701 and 1701-A were just about identical.
Thats because they were the same ship. (A = Refit)
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-13-2011, 05:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetRaccoon
But the engineering section is so much bulkier, although alot of that looks like alot of hull plating..
Yes the Ent-F's engineering section is bigger and bulkier, but I don't think as much bigger as you think it is. I'd say the Galaxy still beats it for mass and internal volume. Of course none of this will have any bearing on their performance in game.
Lt. Commander
# 29
08-13-2011, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletun View Post
Whoa-whoa-whoa.. Hold up.

The Enterprise NCC-1701 from the show was the same Enterprise we saw in TMP, WoK, & saw destroyed in TSFS.

The Enterprise NCC-1701-A was an entirely different Constitution class ship, merely given the same name and registry number (with the A added to differentiate in records).
Lt. Commander
# 30
08-13-2011, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skeletun View Post
assets.sbnation.com/assets/347250/NotSureIfSerious.jpg