Lt. Commander
4870x2 after season 4 i havee to turn off my bloom off and quality to 0 ..thank you very much guys for that sto looks liek an 1998 game now yes after much troubleshooting iv narrowed it to that bloom crashes my client

also this fixed my fullscreen/window mode if anyone else is ahving this issue please do this SET THE BLOOM QUALITY OFF and intensity to 100 .

intel sb2600k @ stock
ati 4870x2 @ stock
16gb ram
win 7 x64
1920x1200

Im running STo with maxxed ( before season 4 surprisingly i had lower fps with maxx somewhere @ 124 fps )settings between 90-170 fps allround BUT when i ctivate the bloom BAM crash ( client crash)

Fix this this is unnaceptable sto looks very ugly without bloom settings enabled...I NEVER ASKED FOR THIS another almost gamebreaking bug ..what a dissapointment.

Also i tested with cat 11.3 /11.6 (no difference)1 gpu / 2 gpus active no difference the client crashes 1000% every time i select Bloom
Off <<<<< stable 200% no crashes since i poste this thread and changed it to off
Low <<<<< no difference from off (visually)
High <<<<< instant crash

So here comes the question WHAT has season 4 done with anythign related to bloom ?!?!?my client now crashes @ high bloom the game without bloom looks awful simply AWFUL.

the pic says it all ...yes it looks dull without bloom..but alas i can play without any crash alt/tab crash/station crash/ground part crash
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...071019160.jpg/
Lt. Commander
# 2
07-11-2011, 05:06 AM
Wow am i the only one having this issue?!?!?....talk about improbabilities
Lt. Commander
# 3 me too
07-11-2011, 07:53 AM
having them too, cant even stay long enough in the game to change the settings.
Lt. Commander
# 4
07-11-2011, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by asihasi View Post
having them too, cant even stay long enough in the game to change the settings.
Solution: (worked for me 100%) launch the client in safe modec change whatever settings you had BUT leave bloom to off..issue averted no other solution as i can see unfortunately...

Give it a go also that fixed the alt-tab = instant client crash also for em aswell
Lt. Commander
# 5
07-20-2011, 03:18 PM
AND ITS OCCURING again omg? what are you guys DOING?!?!? after the recent stream patch or w/e my client is agian crashing due to bloom.

p.s I thought it was FIXED its not.

I can confirm twice one of my ingame buddy has an ati card aswell (6870) and hes having the SAME ISSUE as me same simptoms.....right.....
Lt. Commander
# 6
07-22-2011, 09:18 AM
No its not fixed (even after lastest patch) now im crashign everytime i ALT-TAB ..please fix it its almost unplayable.
Lt. Commander
# 7
07-28-2011, 08:40 AM
issue : seems to be fixed after the latest file stream.
Lt. Commander
# 8
08-03-2011, 02:11 PM
Nope still happening i even tried teh latest catalyst same crap...will this get fixed ever?..its utterly lame.
Lt. Commander
# 9
08-08-2011, 02:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bukaakuba
Nope still happening i even tried teh latest catalyst same crap...will this get fixed ever?..its utterly lame.
I got same problem lately, crashing on half of the graphical options change/enable/disable. I noticed in space its less likely to crash than in ground when i touch the settings or i try to go fullscreen or minimize game

Had to restart in safe mode, then from space acivate some of the options i was using before, and then log out. When you load game again while in the loading screens after introducing user/pass press the maximize button in the window top right and you will go to windowed maximized mode before the game fully loads. Bloom seems make me crash, same for high FX settings and the shadow buffer bias that was working well before S4 now also makes me crash or flickers. I have disabled also reflections and shadows and postprocessing because touching that makes me crash too.

Its sad to have a top end computer with a top end video card (ATI 4890) that can run latest genetarion games with 90-100% of full graphical settings activated and here in STO and champions online i keep crashing with every major update they release. The first time that lemuria was tweaked in CO i had to quit game coz it was impossible for me to log in without crashing.

And yes i got latest video drivers installed and these two cryptic games are the only ones that crash in my computer. I have to run on 50% of the theoretical posibilities to play without game crashes, and then the lighting and textures look very ugly like if i was playing on an old laptop with a crappy integrated intel video card.

Still cant use fullscreen no matter what i do, activate=insta crash.

Ive checked game files and all are ok. Also when i log out of game and exit the client it always crashes instead of closing properly.
Lt. Commander
# 10
08-14-2011, 11:34 AM
It seems that after the last patch on aug 11 this issue is fixed AWSOME now i can alt tab and enjoy my sto @ 90-130 fps once again (pre s4) with bloom to high aswell fank you.