Lt. Commander
# 41
08-14-2011, 05:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikeOnline View Post
I just think it's funny to hear them gush on and on about the novel 2 neck design... when plain as day there were -3- necks attaching the saucer to the engineering hull in the award winning sketch.
actually it was a two neck design adam mention that in a interview with Starbase UGC after he was selected the winner, but he had a different idea of what the neck would do when it saucer separated.
Lt. Commander
# 42
08-14-2011, 07:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkBugHunter View Post
wow really I didnt know that (notice my sarcasm) since they were the same class I would hope they were identical.
And you somehow figured I didn't already know that?
Lt. Commander
# 43
08-14-2011, 11:34 AM
my problem with the enterprise F is that its phaser arrays are to damn short, even shorter then the sov's. the (now old) galaxy class is still the heaviest hitter because of that. big design mistake, the new enterprise is just a big low offense starcruiser.
Lt. Commander
# 44
08-14-2011, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dontdrunkimshoot View Post
my problem with the enterprise F is that its phaser arrays are to damn short, even shorter then the sov's. the (now old) galaxy class is still the heaviest hitter because of that. big design mistake, the new enterprise is just a big low offense starcruiser.
Well, the ship is big enough that every few phaser arrays could have its own fusion generator(s) tied directly to it, so it doesn't have to rely on shipwide EPS conduits to power them.. Having a dedicated power source could potentially increase rate of fire and damage per shot without having the need for multiple phaser banks in the same array charge power for a single shot...

Its think its possible because right now the Federation is at war, on multiple fronts that Starfleet engineers would make a more combat oriented Flagship..
Lt. Commander
# 45
08-14-2011, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PetRaccoon
Well, the ship is big enough that every few phaser arrays could have its own fusion generator(s) tied directly to it, so it doesn't have to rely on shipwide EPS conduits to power them.. Having a dedicated power source could potentially increase rate of fire and damage per shot without having the need for multiple phaser banks in the same array charge power for a single shot...

Its think its possible because right now the Federation is at war, on multiple fronts that Starfleet engineers would make a more combat oriented Flagship..
that's not how arrays work. the longer an array is, the more eps trunks can be attached to them. there seems to be a limit to how large eps conduits that run through the ship can be, other wise they could just connect 1 huge pipe to any size of array. the more eps trunks that feed an array, the more powerful a phaser shot can be. all the power supplied from the various trunks is that charge effect that moves along the top of the array to the firing point.

also, arrays aren't any longer then the ship can fully power as well, that's why ships like the intrepid and sovereign have split up arrays were they could have possibly been connected. their power output isn't high enough to fire a maximum yield shot from an array any longer then their largest arrays, so they aren't any longer then they have to be. the size of the galaxy's array reflects what its power output is high enough to fire a max yield shot from an array that size.

tech tidbits like that escape the ship designers, and that's why there are so many cryptic designs with arrays so small that they.... are exactly as powerful as the pathetically weak phaser array weapons are in game.
Lt. Commander
# 46
08-14-2011, 04:05 PM
Hey you could replace all the 1701 E and F references into 1701 and the 1701 A. It's the same argument :p.
Lt. Commander
# 47
08-16-2011, 12:38 PM
From the front the C and D looked very similar. Sort of Like an old Mustang and the new Mustang.
Lt. Commander
# 48
08-16-2011, 12:48 PM
hmmmmm that is very interesting
Lt. Commander
# 49
08-19-2011, 12:30 AM
I will have to see the Enterprise in action and how it is seen and shown. If not eh good cruiser.
Lt. Commander
# 50
08-19-2011, 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikeOnline View Post
I just think it's funny to hear them gush on and on about the novel 2 neck design... when plain as day there were -3- necks attaching the saucer to the engineering hull in the award winning sketch.
I know this has been answered by others in here, but I figured as the guy who drew the original concept I can assure you as there were never -3- necks. I thought it was plain as day that it was the nacelle pylon. I guess I was wrong.