Lt. Commander
# 11
02-14-2010, 11:45 PM
Yea, that mission was great. I will only have one complaint - and that is Nimoy talking. Yea, Cryptic has payed for his voice talent, and yea he was on the Enterprise at the time. But it was ... strange ... to hear Spock (especially an old Spock) talking on an early Enterprise. I would have rather had a non-Shatner Kirk talking or a non Nichols Uhura than an older science officer who never talked. It's a minor quibble and Spock is always kinda neat so I can't complain *too* much. But it drops it from a 9.5+mission to a 8.5-9 one for me.

As for the one killing the Romulan's - yep, since pretty much all of us would have felt uncomfortable with the Admiral telling us to kill them all that should have made our character at least re-think it. At least have some dialog where we questioned such a thing - any of the other captains would have in the series, why not us? That was really the worst mission in the game IMO. It was needed for the story to progress, but was handled badly. I didn't want to kill those Romulans at all and in an MMO that generally isn't a good thing.

But at least there have only been a very few missions like that. Over all closer to the City on the Edge of Never than the one where we kill Romulan medics like crazy. So many missions out there, some are going to be gold, others not so much.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-14-2010, 11:59 PM
This kind of story based mission is the kind of content I want to see in the game.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-15-2010, 12:18 AM
I don't know...why would any of us question an admiral who has just told us that room of folks over there are working on subspace weapons with which to wipe out the Federation when those people have been enemies of the Federation in the past, and have fired on us several times including on missions of mercy? I mean, c'mon. We didn't kill any more people on that planet then we kill in an average 1v1 ship combat scene. As far as not being 'What the Federation would do" what about their black ops group? That's not something you'd think the Feds would back either, yet they do.

As far as the mission goes...it's a great mission. I stared into the Guardian for awhile. And in it was VINDICATED! For there was a picture that I had seen on a blurb somewhere about STO back in closed beta that I wrote a post over. A post I was roundly flamed for. The scene is an astronaut planting a flag on the Moon; I thought it was the UN flag, and didn't appreciate it. But now, as some others mentioned in that long ago thread, its obvious it was actually a Mirror Universe flag. So, my question back then was finally answered and now I know what I saw wasn't something I dreamed <LOL>.

I'm mid commander, and there are a few other good missions like this one; I really hope they add a lot more though.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-15-2010, 12:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex_Mars View Post
This kind of story based mission is the kind of content I want to see in the game.
Yes. Unfortunately you can count them on a single hand.

All the rest is auto generated repetitive garbage.

A real shame, Cryptic doesn't spend more time creating this kind of stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 15 Awesome mission!
08-11-2011, 10:06 AM
I loved the mission, it is the best I've played so far. When I finished it, i hailed starfleet and they had it available to play again(apparently they hadnt counted the mission a sucess even though I got the reward and all that stuff) so of course I did it again. I just accepted the Doomsday mission and look forward to finishing it since a couple people commented about it being almost as good as the Guardian. I havent done the Romulan scientist mission yet, and based on whats been said Im not looking forward to it.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-14-2011, 03:00 PM
Reviving threads with the last post being more than 30 days ago is against the rules.
Closed Thread