Lt. Commander
# 21
08-07-2011, 09:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
Sounds like one of those never will see in a million years ideas. Starfleet will never have an enemy ship do missions for them. Any possible defectors from the Terran Empire will have their ship's name changed from ISS to USS.
my toon's backstory is "Fek'hirli have infiltrated the heart of the federation and <toon name> was sent beyond the tear. SF is not aware of my presence. please keep it that way"
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-08-2011, 02:31 AM
Wasnt the ISS registry already announced by DStahl in his last interview?
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-08-2011, 02:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
REALLY!
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-13-2011, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hravik
Might be a tech issue, I vaguely remember reading that once before. What most people seem to forget when comparing it to NX is that ISS replaces USS, not NCC.
Probably because they concatinate the name string. When you name you ship they combine the name with USS. Something like string x = concat ("USS ", "Yourname"). Then they store it as a single string in the database.

To fix that they would have to change the database. Then break out the existing ship names in that database. Then modify all the code in system especially the database queries. Once they got the data from the changes properly displaying then they could add the new code to allow you to choose what you want.

Shak's law on software development
"The amount of work to institute a change is inversely proportional to how simple the change request is"
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-13-2011, 10:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rayvenwing View Post
Probably because they concatinate the name string. When you name you ship they combine the name with USS. Something like string x = concat ("USS ", "Yourname"). Then they store it as a single string in the database.

To fix that they would have to change the database. Then break out the existing ship names in that database. Then modify all the code in system especially the database queries. Once they got the data from the changes properly displaying then they could add the new code to allow you to choose what you want.

Shak's law on software development
"The amount of work to institute a change is inversely proportional to how simple the change request is"
Purple Terran Hull upgrade that removes 3/4 of the U to make a I ? on the hull ?
Lt. Commander
# 26
08-15-2011, 06:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstAngelus View Post
Wouldn't that be nice? That and the purple nacelles. I've got one character that's from the Terran Empire (though definitely against O'Brien and the rest of the brain trust there), it'd fit in with her story.
Lt. Commander
# 27
08-15-2011, 10:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starstranger
Terran Empire is an enemy yet we get the uniforms.
As a denizen of the mirror universe you can decide to cross over, but you can't bring your ship wtih you :p
Lt. Commander
# 28
08-15-2011, 11:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brigadoom
As a denizen of the mirror universe you can decide to cross over, but you can't bring your ship wtih you :p
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.