Lt. Commander
# 151 New Ships
03-23-2010, 07:06 AM
Hey there I leveled up to LT. Commander and I know I am supposed to get a new ship I went and choose the Cruiser and then nothing. I went back and it said someing about in the bind. I then went and spent like 20000 credits to get a science ship since I couldn't purchase a cruiser and after that it said it was in bind. What does that mean? and when will I get my new ship? Thanks for any help.
Lt. Commander
# 152
03-23-2010, 05:48 PM
/bump for sticky plz
Lt. Commander
# 153
03-24-2010, 06:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-3
Thanks, the online manual is a real disappointment. Your post has been very helpful.
^ this

As a new player, I was shocked at how little information the "online manual" contains :(
Lt. Commander
# 154 Re: New Ships
03-26-2010, 10:40 AM
trekkiejoey;

You must choose your new ship after you get it. This is done by speaking with someone in the Shipyard (cannot remember who right now), just visit them all until you see the option to select your ship. Now you can choose your new ship to fly or go back and choose an old one to fly again.

Incidentally, this is also how you get back items in your old ship's inventory. My purchase gave me Red Matter, which was bound to my first ship. When I leveled up and received a new ship, I left it in the old inventory and when I wanted to use it, I then had to go back and select the old ship and move the Red Matter to my inventory so I could equip my new ship with it.
Lt. Commander
# 155
03-26-2010, 11:11 AM
Space Tip

One trick that I've found useful when fighting extremely difficult enemies in space is to equip all torpedoes to my aft slots. Then I engage the enemy and turn around and run away. While they are chasing me (staying within range) I keep firing torpedoes at them and wear them down while constantly regenerating my rear shields.

Since torpedoes do significantly more damage than phasers (once their shields start going down) you can actually beat an enemy that is well above your level, it just takes patience.

Typically I will have a mix of phasers and torpedoes both fore and aft and use the side-on approach to attacking foes, so that all phasers are doing damage at the same time. As my torpedoes recharge, I will turn either toward them or away and fire torps, then turn back to side-on and keep nailing them with phasers until the next torpedo recharges, then turn again.

Ground Stuff

One of the biggest issues I have dealt with has to do with all the hypos and charges that I accumulate during play. I get so much of them that I certainly cannot use them all (it's hard enough to control my character while running around and fighting, let alone using these or trying to type), so I equip my away team with all these ground supplies as I get them. The AI's do a great job of using them at first chance and doing some decent damage, and it has the added side effect of keeping my inventory clean so I can collect good stuff.

Equipment

I use the best weapons, shields and armor for my own character during game play. As I collect better things I move the stuff I replace down through the BO chain of command. I actually have a ranking order of preferred officers and things trickle down through them in this way, keeping everyone constantly updated in order. If I get an item that isn't as good as what my character has, I will check the BOs in order to see if it will be an upgrade for them.
Lt. Commander
# 156
08-09-2011, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace_Thorne
- Anywhere in sector space, you can use the Transwarp ability to quickly return to Earth Spacedock. 30min cooldown.
15 minutes nowadays.

Real neatly composed "FAQ"
Lt. Commander
# 157
08-15-2011, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ani_Kai
15 minutes nowadays.
And because of outdated information, we ask to please not 'bump up', as you Humans call it.
Closed Thread