Lt. Commander
# 11
08-13-2011, 03:59 PM
The only problematic issue I see is this:

To fix it they would have to pick a blanket date period to wipe reviews. Not everyone in the first few days experienced the bugs, but most did.

They can either cherry pick the "obvious" reviews that are bug based or do a date period all for nothing wipe.

Logically for the sake of time, the wipe is the solution, they don't have the manpower time to sort everyone's reviews.

So what happens If some good reviews accidentally fall within the dates?

I'm definitely on the bandwagon for this idea I am just curious.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-13-2011, 04:08 PM
If possible - I'd be happy to see this done (I got 3 one stars during this latest round of Foundry issues.)

That said, to be fair, any review ratings for the day their were know issues with the Foundry should be wiped; be they one star or five star (IE - just wipe the reviews across the board for the day(s) in question.)
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-13-2011, 04:52 PM
Okay that makes sense. I got about 13-15 1 stars during the first downtime, and about 3-5 this last one.
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-16-2011, 06:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldlordskull View Post
It saddens me to see some of my fellow Foundry authors' works being one-starred and rudely commented on due to a Foundry glitch that causes map transitions to crash. We had to endure this before when the Foundry was broken and people were only seeing holodecks, huge sections of dialog were missing, and map transitions and triggers no longer functioned.

Several authors found out about their missions too late for them to withdraw them before the bad reviews started coming in.

Please, Cryptic...I implore you...roll back or remove the poor reviews and comments during these two periods. It is not fair to the authors to be punished for something that was beyond their control.
They need to roll back the reviews and in the future when the foundry goes down, reviewing SHOULD be turned off.
Lt. Commander
# 15
08-16-2011, 08:20 PM
Agreed.

In fact I think cryptic needs to do something about this too for the next time is breaks. If it breaks and they know it is broken.. disable the rating system. a very simple concept.
Lt. Commander
# 16
08-16-2011, 08:25 PM
Yes, please roll the reviews back for the dates in question. I can take a bad review from someone who honestly hates my mission, but a 1 star for something I couldn't possibly be held responsible for? No. It affects the way players view that mission as it brings my average way down, and unfairly so.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-16-2011, 10:16 PM
yeah that would be a good thing.