Lt. Commander
# 21
08-18-2011, 05:14 AM
im such a big fan of science team 3 on these builds.

heal yourself and buff that tachbeam and/or cpb.

on top of things like science fleet and the neeeeeeeuuuuuubula's lazers show....nice icing on the cake.
Lt. Commander
# 22
08-18-2011, 07:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigduckie
Really? isnt tractorbeam 3 a ltcmdr skill? seems like a horrible horrible horrible waste. Laste i heard the only difference between 1 and 3 was a pitiable amount of damage.
I think this is a case of mistaken acronym.

Sometimes:
TB = Tractor Beam
Other times:
TB = Tachyon Beam. If we're ever talking about TB3, at the current state it better be Tachyon Beam.
Lt. Commander
# 23
08-18-2011, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainHorizon
im such a big fan of science team 3 on these builds.

heal yourself and buff that tachbeam and/or cpb.

on top of things like science fleet and the neeeeeeeuuuuuubula's lazers show....nice icing on the cake.
I was actually debating this.

SciTeam 1 gives a decent decent boost to CPB and TachBeam, do you know how much SciTeam 3 gives? Worth losing a shockwave over?
Lt. Commander
# 24
08-19-2011, 01:52 PM
im trying out Grav well 3 then hitting Aux to batt + tac team + BO 2 ATM. Then fire off a tric Aux to batt is awesome on sci ships :-D
Lt. Commander
# 25
08-20-2011, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
I was actually debating this.

SciTeam 1 gives a decent decent boost to CPB and TachBeam, do you know how much SciTeam 3 gives? Worth losing a shockwave over?
That's a tough call. We've been letting the mvae's in the fleet have fun with psw, and the scis have moved towards shield drains and positioning. Sci team3 is a +28 to ops I'm pretty sure, which is a nice boost to anything, on top of the almost 4k self shield healing.

Best I've seen is around a 10-12 % increase on my tachbeam3 cpb2 combo. But that's what I was looking for, about that. I added 4 collimators and got the tachbeam hitting I think around 650/tic. Also had a nice def dish that boosted both def and def dish too. Gave up some survivability without halon or induction consoles, but meh, I wants the shields gone.

So yeah, if you guys are relying on the scis for the stun it would be hard to give up. Bu then again I see no shortage of psw mvae's out there. (which I think should be running tachbeam3 and target shields3. But that's just me. )

see you on the battlefield