Lt. Commander
# 1 Auto-Assist Broken?
08-05-2011, 07:08 PM
Since the fantastic Crossfire has gone live, i've noticed 'Auto-Assist' is no longer functioning. Pre-Season 4, if a team mate or even just a player/Boff was targeted by an enemy in space or ground, i could easily give them a quick heal before returning to the (enemy) target i was initially on (or their target), rather than manually clicking or using a Function key. Now it seems i only heal myself, regardless of whom the targeted enemy is targeting.

Is this happening to anyone else, and if so, is there a way to fix this or is it a case of waiting for a fix in an upcoming patch? Any information was be really appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-05-2011, 08:03 PM
Broken in space, too.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-07-2011, 04:08 PM
I have noticed that auto-fire stops in space when a ship gets destroyed and another target is automatically selected for me when I take fire. My ship doesn't start firing until I manual fire, then auto-fire remains again until the game sets me a new target. When I switch manually (Tab), Auto-fire maintains like it should. I actually have grown accustomed and like it this way. It has kept me from firing on the wrong ship plenty of times when the game automatically determines my next target.

I have not had this "problem" at all on ground, only space. Auto-fire is working as intended for me on ground. I say "problem" in quotes only because I actually like it better. Heh. From what I have read though in many other posts on this, others are experiencing this differently than others.
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-09-2011, 03:33 PM
After playing an alt for two days, I started having issues as described by others. Auto firing ceasting to remain on "Toggle, change never cancels." I found out that in the Controls settings, for both space and ground, Atuo attack keeps reverting back to "Toggle, change cancels" at seemingly random times.

And now, I just log into my main who had not had this problem before to find this is now happening on him.

After saving it back to "Toggle, change neve cancels" I go into ui_settings.txt and see:

Quote:
Scheme Space Stospacegameplay
{
hNameMsg Controlscheme_Space
iVersion 4
eCameraType Follow
eAutoAttackType ToggleNoCancel
bAutoHardTarget 1
bCancelTargetOnOffClick 1
bTargetThreateningFirst 1
bResetTabOverTime 1
bTargetAttackerIfAttacked 1
bKeepMovingDuringContactDialogs 1
iCamDistance 250.000000
fCamMaxDistance 250.000000
fCamMouseLookSensitivity 3.049998
fCamControllerLookSensitivity 2.000000
bUseThrottle 1
bRequireValidTarget 1
bDisableFaceActivate 1
fCamStartingPitch 35.000000
}
Quote:
Scheme Ground Stogroundgameplay
{
hNameMsg Controlscheme_Ground
iVersion 3
eCameraFollowType Never
eAutoAttackType ToggleNoCancel
bStrafing 1
bSnapCameraOnAttack 1
bCancelTargetOnOffClick 1
bTargetThreateningFirst 1
bNeverTargetObjects 1
bNeverTargetPets 1
bTargetAttackerIfAttacked 1
bStopMovingOnInteract 1
bKeepMovingDuringContactDialogs 1
bDoubleTapDirToRoll 1
bAimModeAsToggle 1
iCamDistance 35.000000
fCamMaxDistance 35.000000
fCamMouseLookSensitivity 2.500000
fCamControllerLookSensitivity 2.000000
bUseOffsetRotation 1
bRequireValidTarget 1
AllowKeyProfile STOGroundGameplay
AllowAutoAttackType Toggle, ToggleNoCancel, ToggleCombat

}
This first one seems to have went back to default? Could this be a cause? Manually changing it now in the file to see what happens.

What I highlighted in yellow doens't appear in the space entry, should it? Going to try adding it there to see what happens.

Also, everytime I go into my space control settings in game, the Key Profile selection is always blank. I can change it to Space Keybinds but when I go back there again, it will be blank again. maybe adding "AllowKeyProfile STOSpaceGameplay" will fix this.

Question now, should the following for shooter mode remain on Maintain? I'm pretty sure it should, just wanting to make sure:
Quote:
Scheme Shooter Stoshootergameplay
{
hNameMsg Controlscheme_Shooter
iVersion 3
eInitialTargetOrder OnlyCenter
eAutoAttackType Maintain
Lt. Commander
# 5
08-09-2011, 03:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Zebular
This first one seems to have went back to default? Could this be a cause? Manually changing it now in the file to see what happens.

What I highlighted in yellow doens't appear in the space entry, should it? Going to try adding it there to see what happens.

Also, everytime I go into my space control settings in game, the Key Profile selection is always blank. I can change it to Space Keybinds but when I go back there again, it will be blank again. maybe adding "AllowKeyProfile STOSpaceGameplay" will fix this.
Doing this and then loading the ui settings didn't help, it still reverted back to "Toggle, change cancels" as well I noticed some other options are not saving properly either, such as Assist Target on Attack, Reset Inactive Tab Target

Furthermore, my hotkey assignments do not show up on my Hotbars 99% of the time. If I hit Escape for the small menu then escape again to dismiss, they all re-appear until I either zone or hit escape again for the menu. Then they disappear. The hotkeys still work on the, they just do not display the hotkey assignments. This is also when the setting in controls for Key bind set goes blank instead of remaining on "Space Key Binds"

Going to compile all of this into bug reports soon.... This is getting so annoying to the point of sheer frustration.
Lt. Commander
# 6
08-09-2011, 05:08 PM
Lt. Commander
# 7
08-18-2011, 08:07 AM
I've noticed that I used to be able to "Assist target of target" as in if I was firing on someone and they were pounding an ally all I had to do was fire off an assist and it would go to the target of my target ie the guy my target was pounding. Now it doesnt do that. Unless I have an ally targeted my heals and buffs always land on me. As a dedicated support class healer I preffered the old way of assisting my temmates.

Is this issue related to or the same thing that is being talked about in this thread? Either way any guidance on how to get the old setting back would be appreciated.

Thanks