Lt. Commander
# 41
08-18-2011, 09:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Trainor
I'm sorry, but I don't think this is a satisfactory solution.
The in game method of aquisition should be in place before the ships are released in the c-store. Not an un-defined period of time afterwards (we could be talking 6 months delay here, easily)
Considering the Oberth is in the store since april with no alternative to get her, six months+ sounds realistic.
Lt. Commander
# 42
08-18-2011, 09:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan_Trainor
I'm sorry, but I don't think this is a satisfactory solution.
The in game method of aquisition should be in place before the ships are released in the c-store. Not an un-defined period of time afterwards (we could be talking 6 months delay here, easily)
Well, that's unfortunate. Cryptic will, in all likelihood, release these ships and new consoles for the C-Store first, they will then release a way to obtain them in game at a later time, they'll probably introduce two or three different low tier ships with special end-game effective consoles before they even start developing a way to obtain them in game. And so it will be with any exciting addition, players willing to support the game beyond their subscription via c-store purchases will be encouraged to do so with exclusive access.

However, if these new consoles are all as impressive as the Oberth's plasma manifold or the Rhode Islands decoy, you probably do not have anything to worry about as they are likely to only be marginally more useful than the science console they are replacing.