Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Ten Forward
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
08-17-2011, 02:16 PM
I'm sure the last thing the STO developers at Cryptic need is the players encouraging their new owners at PWI to take an Atari-type hands on approach to the management of their company. If you have requests related to STO, please direct them to Cryptic...not CBS and definitely not PWI.
Lt. Commander
# 12
08-17-2011, 02:18 PM
A request is not the same as a complaint. Companies like Cryptic listen to requests for a reason. Plus, they have no choice but to deal with us.

That the curse of the IP maker, whether it's NBC or PWI.
Lt. Commander
# 13
08-17-2011, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspired View Post
I'm sure the last thing the STO developers at Cryptic need is the players encouraging their new owners at PWI to take an Atari-type hands on approach to the management of their company. If you have requests related to STO, please direct them to Cryptic...not CBS and definitely not PWI.

The marketing for STO was done by Atari, right? It's different with PWI?
Lt. Commander
# 14
08-17-2011, 02:27 PM
Quote:

Everyone read this again

And a third time.

Got it now? Good.

Dont toss Cryptic under the bus.
Lt. Commander
# 15
id rather the time was spent in the office making the game.

i also think any request like this should be made to cryptic and then they can take it to pw if they like the idea. they are the ones who would have to go and do it. let them decide based on feedback here and their own views on whether its something worth pursuing.
Lt. Commander
# 16
Quote:
This thread is regarding STO showing up at conventions, not actual game development. Maybe you are confusing this thread with some other, or either didnt read the OP.
Lt. Commander
# 17
08-17-2011, 02:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkfat View Post
The marketing for STO was done by Atari, right? It's different with PWI?
One would hope, whomever does the marketing is not nearly as important as who directs the marketing. In addition to development budgets, I would suggest that Cryptic being able to drive marketing decisions would be the most beneficial changes that could come from the ownership change. And, while that may not be the case, Cryptic would still be a position to ask PWI to do something based on their own belief or on feedback received from their customers. Either way, it seems bad form to try and go around Cryptic.
Lt. Commander
# 18
08-17-2011, 03:09 PM
No offense, but I think you are targeting the wrong audience if your goal is to promote STO. Having a promo table for an already launched Trek game at a trek convention to me seems kind of like trying to recruit new Mormons in Salt Lake City. Your audience is already onboard, or they aren't coming onboard no matter what you tell them.

Lets face it - the Trek convention crowd already knows about STO. They either are already here playing, quit because they didn't like it, or are part of the demographic that just doesn't play computer games.

If your goal is to get more people interested in playing STO, they need to advertise it to a different pool of potential players. They have the Trek fan crowd already locked in.
Lt. Commander
# 19
08-17-2011, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by boglejam View Post
No offense, but I think you are targeting the wrong audience if your goal is to promote STO. Having a promo table for an already launched Trek game at a trek convention to me seems kind of like trying to recruit new Mormons in Salt Lake City. Your audience is already onboard, or they aren't coming onboard no matter what you tell them.

Lets face it - the Trek convention crowd already knows about STO. They either are already here playing, quit because they didn't like it, or are part of the demographic that just doesn't play computer games.

If your goal is to get more people interested in playing STO, they need to advertise it to a different pool of potential players. They have the Trek fan crowd already locked in.
QFT

If anything STO needs more presence at game cons to pull in regular gamers. STO has already got many of the Die Hard Star Trek fans already.
Lt. Commander
# 20
08-18-2011, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
id rather the time was spent in the office making the game.

i also think any request like this should be made to cryptic and then they can take it to pw if they like the idea. they are the ones who would have to go and do it. let them decide based on feedback here and their own views on whether its something worth pursuing.
Agreed with this. Also, do people have to pay to exhibit at a convention? (I dunno, never been to one) If so, that's money that'd be better spent on mission content additions that are badly needed right now