Lt. Commander
# 51
08-18-2011, 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JKOgden View Post
Does anyone have an idea what the E will be used for in canon? I personally did not like Abram's version of Star Trek, and now that CBS has said that E will be canon (I think they did atleast), would that mean that they are planning some sort of movie or TV show based in the Prime universe? I know the next ST movie with be Abram's sequel and highly doubt that E would be in the movie.

Edit: Yes, I meant F. Sorry!
Well going back to the E real fast, did you know that 1 more TNG movie was going to be made until JJ killed the last Prime Universe film ? Yup just ONE more, and then JJ could have had his Star Wars based fun...but no, he had to F up Star Trek....seriously, only Star Trek fans, or those who aren't fans of anything should handle the films /facepalm

As for the F....I'm still not a fan of it. Not saying Cryptic did a bad job in putting it in STO, but I honestly hope it won't see full fledged canon until many years from now. To just skip the time between Nemesis and STO would be a stupid move to say the least.
Lt. Commander
# 52
08-18-2011, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
Well going back to the E real fast, did you know that 1 more TNG movie was going to be made until JJ killed the last Prime Universe film ? Yup just ONE more
Source?

Quote:
, and then JJ could have had his Star Wars based fun...but no, he had to F up Star Trek....seriously, only Star Trek fans, or those who aren't fans of anything should handle the films /facepalm
He "effed up" Star Trek by making it a viable franchise after Insurrection, Nemesis and Enterprise were tanking it, riiiiight....

Lt. Commander
# 53
08-18-2011, 12:35 PM
Yeah, that's the first I've heard of one more TNG-era film as well. There was a plan for a Romulan War movie entitled The Beginning written by Erik Jendresen (Band of Brothers), but that would've been set in the ENT timeframe (though it would not have involved the NX-01 or its crew). Even Memory Alpha doesn't seem to have any information on any real plans for a final, post-NEM TNG film.
Lt. Commander
# 54
08-19-2011, 12:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romulus_Prime View Post
Source?

He "effed up" Star Trek by making it a viable franchise after Insurrection, Nemesis and Enterprise were tanking it, riiiiight....

I think I will wait for the next movie to come out before I form some sort of a thought. Though noticing the script in question the lack of what made the series stay in the fans heart. I do have doubts that the sequel will have much in the way of characterization; just more lens flare, action, and lacking conversations. It is no question however that it made Star Trek accessible to *new* fans is no doubt, though I doubt for how much longer. It does seem that CBS with its deadlock on old cannon is saying something of a back up plan if this doesn't work out. Just saying in simple terms wait til the next movie before giving a opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 55
08-19-2011, 04:11 AM
Only talk I heard of another TNG era film was before Nemesis. And even that was a, "We're not ruling anything out," interview non-answer. No plans, no script, no agreement, just, "Hey, if this one works they might let us do another one." But it didn't. So they didn't.

If it ever existed beyond that non-answer, JJ didn't kill it. It committed suicide.