Lt. Commander
# 1 Lost in mission
08-19-2011, 07:55 AM
I got this mission in the dock where I get a report about products needed in some particular system, but when I got to the system it is a brand new place open for exploration, whom do I look for to delivery the medicines and shields generators?

Shocks forgot the name of the mission, something like helping a system in need?
Lt. Commander
# 2
08-19-2011, 08:05 AM
Delta Volanis mission... Look for a mission with the "Aid the Planet" objective.
Lt. Commander
# 3
08-19-2011, 08:06 AM
This is an "aid the planet" mission. You can think of it as a standing mission in that it has no fixed location. Basically every time you approach an anomoly in an exploration cluster (for example the delta valonis cluster or teh b'tran nebula) a mission randomly generates.

sometimes you get a combat mission, sometimes you get a dumb scan x number of objects mission ...and sometimes you get a "aid the planet mission" in which you basically exchange commodities to the planet for an uncommon (green quality) item suitable to your rank. (you also get diplomatic xp which unlocks certain rewards later on)

As far as i know the only reason they have an npc tell you which commodities are needed and where is so you can plan ahead. Stock up on the cheap if you're planning to go to a particular cluster and it saves you replicating the stuff on your ship.

However as you will no doubt find... energy credits are not particularly hard to come by in this game, so it doesn't realy matter so early on in the game wether you save scrupulously or not.

This may change soon as theres alot of talk about altering teh game's economy.

best luck to you
Lt. Commander
# 4
08-19-2011, 08:24 AM
Thanks that is the one I was talking about it, cool to know, I have been finding a lot of stuff on those anomalies and guess what I just realized they are to be used for crafting, thank God I dint throw them overboard lol